How to unlock Paradox file?

I'm developing a desktop application using local paradox files & D3.02.

I went to Database Desktop - Restructure - added a column to a table -
Save - got a page fault - couldn't close DBD, even after closing Delphi
- rebooted. Not my finest hour.

Now I get 'File is locked' wherever I try to open that table (DBD,
Explore, my project). I see references to lockfiles here & there, but
not enough detail to know what to do.

Any help much appreciated,
Laura Sparer

Re:How to unlock Paradox file?

I think you can simply delete the two .lck files in your database
directory.

Laura Sparer a crit:

> I'm developing a desktop application using local paradox files & D3.02.

> I went to Database Desktop - Restructure - added a column to a table -
> Save - got a page fault - couldn't close DBD, even after closing Delphi
> - rebooted. Not my finest hour.

> Now I get 'File is locked' wherever I try to open that table (DBD,
> Explore, my project). I see references to lockfiles here & there, but
> not enough detail to know what to do.

> Any help much appreciated,
> Laura Sparer

Re:How to unlock Paradox file?

It sounds like you have a corrupt lock file on your disk as a result of the
crash.  Search the data and private directories for all instances of
PDOXUSRS.LCK and delete them.

--
Bill Todd