RichEdit Indent Question

Hi
(I've tried a couple of other news groups without any response to the
question regarding this pondering issue.  If this is not the correct news
group, can someone tell me which one would be appropriate?)

Can someone explain why the following code does NOT indent TEXT coming into
RichEdit from instream?  Is there a bug with RichEdit?

  SOURCE  CODE
        RichEdit2.Paragraph.Alignment := taLeftJustify;
        RichEdit2.Paragraph.FirstIndent := 30;
        RichEdit2.Lines.LoadFromStream(instream);
        RichEdit2.SetFocus;

All of the text comes in great and displays appropriately.  It is just the
viewing and printing of the report the client must manually move the text
over.

Thanks

Re:RichEdit Indent Question

>All of the text comes in great and displays appropriately.  It is just the
>viewing and printing of the report the client must manually move the text
>over.
>(I've tried a couple of other news groups without any response to the
>question regarding this pondering issue.  If this is not the correct news
>group, can someone tell me which one would be appropriate?)

Try the newsgroup where the reporting component you are using is supported.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:RichEdit Indent Question

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 07:28:07 -0600, "Ron Spahr" <ron_sp...@mhhs.org>
wrote:

>Can someone explain why the following code does NOT indent TEXT coming into
>RichEdit from instream?  Is there a bug with RichEdit?

>  SOURCE  CODE
>        RichEdit2.Paragraph.Alignment := taLeftJustify;
>        RichEdit2.Paragraph.FirstIndent := 30;
>        RichEdit2.Lines.LoadFromStream(instream);
>        RichEdit2.SetFocus;

The Paragraph settings don't have any effect because you're resetting
everything with Lines.LoadFromStream.

Try this:
        RichEdit2.Lines.LoadFromStream(instream);
        RichEdit2.SelectAll;
        RichEdit2.Paragraph.Alignment := taLeftJustify;
        RichEdit2.Paragraph.FirstIndent := 30;

HTH,

Jan

Other Threads