Automating Access under D5

Hello,

I'm working with a contractor who's developing a reporting interface to
an Oracle database based on MS Access.  My job is to create a data entry
screen to Oracle that will fire off the Access report.

The Oracle part is no problem - however, I have limited experience with
OLE Automation and none under Access.  I note D5's "servers" page has
five Access components:  TAccessReferences, TAccessReport, TAccessForm,
TAccessHyperlink and TDoCmd.  I looked at the Word example in the demos
and it has a WordApplication component that seems to be the master for
all the others.  What's the equivalent for Access and how do I control
it?

Thanks in advance

Jim Stanley
Jacobs Engineering

Re:Automating Access under D5

<<jim.stanley:
five Access components:  TAccessReferences, TAccessReport,
TAccessForm, TAccessHyperlink and TDoCmd.  I looked at the Word
example in the demos and it has a WordApplication component that seems
to be the master for all the others.  What's the equivalent for Access
and how do I control it?

I haven't used these components - or Access, very much -
but I'd guess the TDoCmd was the main one. Have a look
at my access automation page at
http://www.djpate.freeserve.co.uk/Automation.htm
- there's not much there yet, but it might give you
some hints.

Deborah Pate

Other Threads