Newbie getting "Error Creating Window"

Hi there!

This is probably going to be a really stupid question.  I'm getting the
"Error Creating Window" error message when I run my application.  The
message always appears when the user is working on the same screen, but
it can happen at different points.  Is this error message caused by
running out of memory???  Can someone please help me!!

Leilani

Re:Newbie getting "Error Creating Window"

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996 16:06:42 -0700, Leilani Boyles

<bo...@mcdss.co.gov> wrote:
>Hi there!

>This is probably going to be a really stupid question.  I'm getting the
>"Error Creating Window" error message when I run my application.  The
>message always appears when the user is working on the same screen, but
>it can happen at different points.  Is this error message caused by
>running out of memory???  Can someone please help me!!

>Leilani

You have to many components of TWinControl...you see this alot with
TabbedNotebooks because of all the components that you can place on a
form...

also look at dynamically creating forms instead of autocreating
them...

f...@alpha.c2.org

Re:Newbie getting "Error Creating Window"

>This is probably going to be a really stupid question.  I'm getting the
>"Error Creating Window" error message when I run my application.  The
>message always appears when the user is working on the same screen, but
>it can happen at different points.  Is this error message caused by
>running out of memory???  Can someone please help me!!

        This is usually caused by the user having too many windows open, or them
opening a form which brings their system window count too high. Does that form
have a lot of controls? Try closing some of the other forms first.

        This is a problem with Win 3.1 mostly.

_
NOTE: This software is currently in early alpha. If you notice any
problems, or RFC non-compliance, please report it to p...@pbe.com
 \------------------------------------------------------------\
  \           Chad Z. Hower  -  phoe...@pobox.com              \
   \  Phoenix Business Enterprises - p...@pbe.com - www.pbe.com  \
    \     Physically in Church Hill, TN - Logically Not Sure     \
     \------------------------------------------------------------\

>>SQUID - The ultimate 95/NT offline databasing reader

**Special Compile: 3.000A (Alpha)

Re:Newbie getting "Error Creating Window"

There is a file on the Delphi Super Page named FREERES.ZIP. It shows you
how to reduce resource usage in your program.
On the other hand you could try RamDoubler or Hurricane. I assume you are
using Win 3.1.

There have also been reports that using hicolor screen such as 64000 or 16
million colours also cause this problem.

p...@pbe.com (Phoenix Business Enterprises) wrote:

>    This is usually caused by the user having too many windows open, or them
>opening a form which brings their system window count too high. Does that form
>have a lot of controls? Try closing some of the other forms first.
>    This is a problem with Win 3.1 mostly.

Not necessarily.  I get it daily under Windows 95 (with 24 Meg of RAM)
when debugging in the Delphi IDE.  It happens when I have a lot of
files open under Delphi, and perhaps several other small helper
programs (like CodeWright, so I have access to a _real_ programmer's
editor), and I try to start a program which itself has several
windows.

I have minimized the problem by auto-creating as few windows as
possible and creating and freeing all of my modal windows as needed,
but this definitely still happens under Win95.

Regards,

Paul

Re:Newbie getting "Error Creating Window"

Paul Johnson <pau...@sprynet.com> wrote in article =
<4vkqm5$...@juliana.sprynet.com>...

> p...@pbe.com (Phoenix Business Enterprises) wrote:
> >       This is usually caused by the user having too many windows open, or =
them
> >opening a form which brings their system window count too high. Does =
that form
> >have a lot of controls? Try closing some of the other forms first.
>=20
> >       This is a problem with Win 3.1 mostly.
>=20
> Not necessarily.  I get it daily under Windows 95 (with 24 Meg of RAM)
> when debugging in the Delphi IDE.  It happens when I have a lot of
> files open under Delphi, and perhaps several other small helper
> programs (like CodeWright, so I have access to a _real_ programmer's
> editor), and I try to start a program which itself has several
> windows.
>=20
> I have minimized the problem by auto-creating as few windows as
> possible and creating and freeing all of my modal windows as needed,
> but this definitely still happens under Win95.
>=20
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Paul
>=20

We wrote a TForm descendent to free all windows handles when the form is =
closed. However, keeping many forms open during debugging is not a good =
practice.
--=20
Gyula Karakas
gkara...@vamszoft.datanet.hu