Can I turn OFF read cache?

Hi
I have the following problem:

when I start an app on 2 distinct machines and modify a record (which is
shared among the 2 machines) with one, I do not see the modification on the
other machine, even when I close and reopen the table. Refresh works, but
is there no general method of turning off this ?

Thank you
Franz
e-mail: Franz...@aol.com

Re:Can I turn OFF read cache?

Check the following in BDE configuration tool: NET directory must be the
same on all machines you use to access paradox files. I sugest to use it in
form \\server\\shareddir. Also, LOCAL SHARE must be set to true. That stands
for telling Paradox (application) that Delphi and other apps will also use
Paradox databases. Borland Paradox thinks that all apps except for him are
non-BDE apps.
I hope this will solve your problems.
Damir

Achimfranz wrote in article
<19970829112001.HAA24...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

>Hi
>I have the following problem:

>when I start an app on 2 distinct machines and modify a record (which is
>shared among the 2 machines) with one, I do not see the modification on the
>other machine, even when I close and reopen the table. Refresh works, but
>is there no general method of turning off this ?

>Thank you
>Franz
>e-mail: Franz...@aol.com

Other Threads