Do I have to use MIDAS for Internet Database apps or are there other(cheaper) alternatives

Does anyone know?
/Magnus Jansson

Re:Do I have to use MIDAS for Internet Database apps or are there other(cheaper) alternatives

On 6 Nov 1997 08:54:12 GMT, "Magnus Jansson"

<magnus.jans...@mbox319.swipnet.se> wrote:
>Does anyone know?
>/Magnus Jansson

D3 includes a socket server for doing 3-tier applications, which, I
understand, is free, and uses only the client part of Midas. I have
tried it and it works fine. check out scktsrv.dpr (exe), I may have
the name a little wrong. read the docs on bulding multi-tier
solutions.

Re:Do I have to use MIDAS for Internet Database apps or are there other(cheaper) alternatives

I have written several Internet database apps without Midas using the
Remote Data Module to create the server app and then connecting to it using
a Remote Server component and ClientDataset components for access to the
data on the remote data module.  We use OLE Enterprise to connect the
Remote Server component on the client to the server appliction.

Works very well!

Cheers.

Mike Cariotoglou <m...@singular.gr> wrote in article
<34679c87.1642...@news-ath.forthnet.gr>...

> On 6 Nov 1997 08:54:12 GMT, "Magnus Jansson"
> <magnus.jans...@mbox319.swipnet.se> wrote:

> >Does anyone know?
> >/Magnus Jansson
> D3 includes a socket server for doing 3-tier applications, which, I
> understand, is free, and uses only the client part of Midas. I have
> tried it and it works fine. check out scktsrv.dpr (exe), I may have
> the name a little wrong. read the docs on bulding multi-tier
> solutions.

Other Threads