BDE utility crashes in Win2000

I'm using BDE 5.11 for use with Delphi 6 on Windows 2000 Pro.

If I use bdecfg32.exe to make a change to something, eg an alias path, save
it and then try to exit bdecfg32 the program just freezes.  I have to Ctrl
Alt Del and the end the task.  The changes have been saved - it's just a
pain to keep having to 'End Task' when I try to close the utility.

I've re-installed BDE5.11 but it makes no difference.

Any ideas ?

Regards

Ed

Re:BDE utility crashes in Win2000

What happens if you use BDE Administrator?

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:BDE utility crashes in Win2000

Tried running ""C:\Program Files\BORLAND\COMMON FILES\BDE\bdeadmin.exe"

Exactly the same problem.  Make a change, save and exit, it just hangs
indefinitely. The change is saved however.

The work around is simple (Ctrl Alt Del and End Task). But I don't like
giving that advice over a telephone help line.

Ed

"Bill Todd" <b...@notthis.dbginc.com> wrote in message

> What happens if you use BDE Administrator?

> On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:48:38 +1000, "Ed" <EdwinGrims...@bigpond.com>
> wrote:

> >I'm using BDE 5.11 for use with Delphi 6 on Windows 2000 Pro.

> >If I use bdecfg32.exe to make a change to something, eg an alias path,
save
> >it and then try to exit bdecfg32 the program just freezes.  I have to
Ctrl
> >Alt Del and the end the task.  The changes have been saved - it's just a
> >pain to keep having to 'End Task' when I try to close the utility.

> >I've re-installed BDE5.11 but it makes no difference.

> >Any ideas ?

> >Regards

> >Ed

> --
> Bill (TeamB)

Re:BDE utility crashes in Win2000

I have no idea. I have never had a problem on Win2k Pro. Sorry.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:BDE utility crashes in Win2000

In article <4j91kuoup7q3rtqth9rgi9p89hv954b...@4ax.com>,
b...@notthis.dbginc.com says...

> I have no idea. I have never had a problem on Win2k Pro. Sorry.

I'm running BCB6 on Win 200 Pro and have not seen this problem either.

Doug

Re:BDE utility crashes in Win2000

Hi,

I have the same problem with BDE and Win2k pro.

The BDE Utility hangs after making some changes with it.
I think it seems to be a problem with restricted access rights from the
registry/system. The systems (several where I have seen this problem)
were installing the BDE with admin rights. The BDE-Config Tool is than
started with user rights. Than the BDE Admin hangs.

But I still have no reason or solution.

Regards

Roland

Ed wrote:

> I'm using BDE 5.11 for use with Delphi 6 on Windows 2000 Pro.

> If I use bdecfg32.exe to make a change to something, eg an alias path, save
> it and then try to exit bdecfg32 the program just freezes.  I have to Ctrl
> Alt Del and the end the task.  The changes have been saved - it's just a
> pain to keep having to 'End Task' when I try to close the utility.

> I've re-installed BDE5.11 but it makes no difference.

> Any ideas ?

> Regards

> Ed

Other Threads