Board index » delphi » Bug on BDE 5.1.1/ Oracle SQL Links against Oracle 817

Bug on BDE 5.1.1/ Oracle SQL Links against Oracle 817

Hello,

I'm using Delphi 5, BDE 5.1.1/ SQL Links, Oracle 8.1.7 on NT-workstation.

I got trouble with NULL value on DATE-field: "Translate Error. Out of
Bounds". The Function TField.IsNull does not work, it return false in this
case. I tried to modify BDE setting ROWSET SIZE to 0. The trouble is gone
BUT some comming up: Data Retrieving from the database is very slowly,
special when using Locate function or DBLoopupComboBox.

Does anybody knows the problem before? Please help

Thanks in Advance.
-Tri

 

Re:Bug on BDE 5.1.1/ Oracle SQL Links against Oracle 817


The short answer is:  do not use the BDE with Oracle, especially with
8.1.7.  Get one of the third-party tools like DOA
(www.allroundautomations.nl) or ODAC.  If you think about it, you will
see how inefficient a one-row fetch really is.

John Pierce

Re:Bug on BDE 5.1.1/ Oracle SQL Links against Oracle 817


Thanks for your reponse!
We hadde allready DOA in the house. I will take a look on it.

-Tri

Quote
"John Pierce" <jpie...@healthplanning.com> wrote in message

news:3C61611C.69E011FA@healthplanning.com...
Quote
> The short answer is:  do not use the BDE with Oracle, especially with
> 8.1.7.  Get one of the third-party tools like DOA
> (www.allroundautomations.nl) or ODAC.  If you think about it, you will
> see how inefficient a one-row fetch really is.

> John Pierce

Other Threads