Firebird keeps crashing when internet being dialled out

we have a client running microsoft proxy server on windows NT. it is set to
dial out to retrieve emails at intervals during the day. it is crashing
firebird and the firebird service wont let us restart it as it says it is
already running when it is not. when we reboot the machine and get firebird
back up and running they cannot dial out on the internet and get the
following message:

the proxy server has encountered an error (proxy dialout connection failed)

i have checked firebirds error log and have encountered the following error
messages:

WTSERVER (Client) Tue Apr 01 09:45:26 2003
 INET/inet_error: connect errno = 10061

WTSERVER (Client) Thu Mar 27 15:20:31 2003
 Control services error 1061

WTSERVER (Server) Wed Apr 02 14:55:04 2003
 INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

can anyone help me diagnose this problem? p.s. is this the best newsgroup
for this problem im not sure? many thanks

--
Martin Threlfall
http://www.fidgetbrain.com

Re:Firebird keeps crashing when internet being dialled out

Hi,

Ask in a Firebird support group. They are listed at the Firebird website.
This newsgroup is for Borland InterBase.

--

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase & Firebird
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

See you at the First European Firebird Conference in May in Fulda, Germany
http://www.firebird-conference.com

"Wee Bubba" <NOSPAM martinthre...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> we have a client running microsoft proxy server on windows NT. it is set to
> dial out to retrieve emails at intervals during the day. it is crashing
> firebird and the firebird service wont let us restart it as it says it is
> already running when it is not. when we reboot the machine and get firebird
> back up and running they cannot dial out on the internet and get the
> following message:

Other Threads