Re: Delphi Socket Servers: If you were shown how, would you?

2007-01-06 06:29:23 PM
delphi265
John Jacobson writes:
But they accept streams as arguments, not lines. It reads the streams
Its been a while - but I cant remember a time where it was hardcoded to
streams since its core work unit has always been lines. I think you
looked at the wrong level.
line by line using the ReadLn hack mentioned below. The problem I had
was the additional code required to read several streams as if they
were one. As I said before, the Indy way of doing attachments works
Im quite sure you could have bypassed the streams and fed it lines, but
it would depend how on which version, etc.
Well, I was definitely put off by it. I understand the philosophy
behind that design, as it allows easy addition of more decoders in a
loosely coupled manner.
Yes, Indy was designed to be multi level for a variety of reasons.
--
Chad Z. Hower
Microsoft Regional Director

"Chad Z. Hower" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Its been a while - but I cant remember a time where it was hardcoded to
streams since its core work unit has always been lines. I think you
looked at the wrong level.
I wonder what a class called TIdDecoderMIMELineByLine does... <g>

Re: Delphi Socket Servers: If you were shown how, would you?

"Don Siders" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>"Chad Z. Hower" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Its been a while - but I cant remember a time where it was hardcoded to
>streams since its core work unit has always been lines. I think you
>looked at the wrong level.

I wonder what a class called TIdDecoderMIMELineByLine does... <g>
Nothing in my copy of Indy 10. I just did a search for it and found nothing.
Keep in mind that the decoding logic in my newsreader was written a few
years ago (I think for Indy 9 IIRC) and so of course will not make use of
anything added since then.

Re: Delphi Socket Servers: If you were shown how, would you?

>I wonder what a class called TIdDecoderMIMELineByLine does... <g>
Nothing in my copy of Indy 10. I just did a search for it and found
nothing.
Using 10.1.6, it is in IdCoderMIME.pas, line 49:
TIdDecoderMIMELineByLine = class(TIdDecoderMIME)
I'm not sure when it was introduced. It could have been in one of the
thousands of revisions called 10.1.5. it is been there long enough that it
got documented. <g>
Keep in mind that the decoding logic in my newsreader was written a few
years ago (I think for Indy 9 IIRC) and so of course will not make use of
anything added since then.
And I am just pointing out that the capability exists in the current release
of the library.

Re: Delphi Socket Servers: If you were shown how, would you?

"Don Siders" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
And I am just pointing out that the capability exists in the current
release of the library.
Well, that is good to know.

Don Siders writes:
Using 10.1.6, it is in IdCoderMIME.pas, line 49:

TIdDecoderMIMELineByLine = class(TIdDecoderMIME)
Its been a while since I looked at 9, but Im pretty sure the same
capability if maybe in a different form, was readily available in 9 as
well.
--

Don Siders writes:
>Using 10.1.6, it is in IdCoderMIME.pas, line 49:
>
>TIdDecoderMIMELineByLine = class(TIdDecoderMIME)

Its been a while since I looked at 9, but Im pretty sure the same
capability if maybe in a different form, was readily available in 9 as
well.
Do you remember what it was called? I couldn't find TIdDecoderMIMELineByLine
anywhere in my Indy 10 source (which hasn't been brought up to date in quite
a while).

John Jacobson writes:
Do you remember what it was called? I couldn't find
TIdDecoderMIMELineByLine anywhere in my Indy 10 source (which hasn't
been brought up to date in quite a while).
Off hand no, Indy is very very big.
--
Chad Z. Hower
Microsoft Regional Director
www.KudzuWorld.com/
Need a professional technical speaker at your event?
www.woo-hoo.net

Re: Delphi Socket Servers: If you were shown how, would you?

"Chad Z. Hower" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Off hand no, Indy is very very big.
Drat.

John Jacobson writes:
>Off hand no, Indy is very very big.

Drat.
Ping around, if you dont find it try asking on the Indy support forums.
For something like your project I could also forward a direct request
to the core team.
--
Chad Z. Hower
Microsoft Regional Director
www.KudzuWorld.com/
Need a professional technical speaker at your event?
www.woo-hoo.net

Re: Delphi Socket Servers: If you were shown how, would you?

Do you remember what it was called? I couldn't find TIdDecoderMIMELineByLine
anywhere in my Indy 10 source (which hasn't been brought up to date in quite
a while).
It is defined in unit IdCoderMIME.pas in a source archive slightly newer then
the BDS2005 release ('10.0.20) as any download of Indy10 now includes.

Richard Foersom writes:
Dennis Landi writes:

>Are there any Delphi Developers with web sites based on pure Delphi
>server technology?

There are a few Delphi powered web sites listed here:

<delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Web_Sites_Powered_by_Delphi>

Feel free to add to the list.

Doei RIF
www.bridalbuzz.com.au
http//www.ozsoft.com.au
Both Delphi ASP.NET, Conceived in D2006 and Delphi 8 respectively.
--
Robin.

Re: Delphi Socket Servers: If you were shown how, would you?

Of course, that should be:
www.ozsoft.com.au
--
Robin.