non-tech? inno setup? Cardinal to Char? RegQueryDWordValue

what does the non-technical mean here? OK to ask programming questions?
Or where is an apropriate place?
Since Inno Setup is in delphi, has delphi scripting - OK to discuss
here?
while, I am trying to edit to some minimal example of what I have tried so
far, to post -
Trying to find the coercesion of the Cardinal from RegQueryDWordValue,
which represents a zero based Drive index (0 := Drive 'A', etc...)
(forgive my functional pseudo code / thinking)
YourDriveLetter := ?CharToStr?(Char(?CardToByte?(RQDWV)) + 65))
(And yes I know Chars can be wide, are not their CharCode)
Hmm, I should probably check this - DirExists(YourDriveLetter + ':\')
on a non-existant drive? (Abort, Retry, Ignore ?)

Re:non-tech? inno setup? Cardinal to Char? RegQueryDWordValue

On 26 Jan 2006 06:29:22 -0800, XXXX@XXXXX.COM writes:
what does the non-technical mean here? OK to ask programming questions?
Or where is an apropriate place?

Since Inno Setup is in delphi, has delphi scripting - OK to discuss
here?
Hoi
Best newsgroup for your question is b.p.d.thirdpartytools.general.
Also, when you need to repost you need to do so on the Borland news server
to make everybody see it and possibly answer your question.
Take a look here:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>