Fastcode Website Update Todo

2005-06-15 02:18:27 AM
delphi281
Hi
Tell my wife what to update on the site today ;-)
-Release latest IntToStr32 B&V
-Create page for IntToStr64 challenge
-Release latest IntToStr64 B&V
-Release latest TList.Sort B&V
-Add text about baseline compilers
-Add text to rules - "Functions must not generate compiler warnings"
-Release a new MM replay
Help me :-)
Best regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode Website Update Todo

Hi
Tell my wife what to update on the site today ;-)
-Release latest IntToStr32 B&V
-Create page for IntToStr64 challenge
-Release latest IntToStr64 B&V
-Release latest TList.Sort B&V
-Add text about baseline compilers
-Add text to rules - "Functions must not generate compiler warnings"
-Release a new MM replay
-Add text about all B&V's using the RTL MM.
Help me :-)
Best regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode Website Update Todo

Tell my wife what to update on the site today ;-)

-Release latest IntToStr32 B&V
-Create page for IntToStr64 challenge
-Release latest IntToStr64 B&V
-Release latest TList.Sort B&V
-Add text about baseline compilers
-Add text to rules - "Functions must not generate compiler warnings"
-Release a new MM replay

Help me :-)
Perhaps it would be good if, at some moment, we start making
regulations about polls. This may prevent unneccesairy voting and can
make voting more fair. What i think may be important:
- How long should a poll be open for voting? (ISTM something like a
week
should be good)
- Are there some people we should wait for before we close a poll?
(ISTM
you wouldn't be happy if you left for a week and all FastCode rules
have suddenly changed)
- Perhaps a standardized way of marking poll threads would be nice,
something like prepending [POLL] for poll subjects.
- A list with finished polls, their outcomes and their dates on your
site would also be nice. This would prevent an item from being voted
on every month or so, because then one can easily refer to the
previous poll on that issue.
- As soon as a poll is closed it would be nice if it is outcome be added
to the FastCode rules ASAP, so that there's no need to argue about
them (this will be easier if poll closure has been regulated).

Re:Fastcode Website Update Todo

Hi Avatar Zondertau
Perhaps it would be good if, at some moment, we start making
regulations about polls. This may prevent unneccesairy voting and can
make voting more fair. What i think may be important:
I agree.
- How long should a poll be open for voting? (ISTM something like a
week
should be good)
IMHO 3-4 days
- Are there some people we should wait for before we close a poll?
Not really. I am just one vote ;-)
(ISTM
you wouldn't be happy if you left for a week and all FastCode rules
have suddenly changed)
That would make me crazy :-)
- Perhaps a standardized way of marking poll threads would be nice,
something like prepending [POLL] for poll subjects.
[Fastcode - Poll] ?
- A list with finished polls, their outcomes and their dates on your
site would also be nice. This would prevent an item from being voted
on every month or so, because then one can easily refer to the
previous poll on that issue.
Yes, but do not tell my wife about it ;-)
- As soon as a poll is closed it would be nice if it is outcome be added
to the FastCode rules ASAP, so that there's no need to argue about
them (this will be easier if poll closure has been regulated).
I always try to do that. Kick me if I am to slow.
Regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode Website Update Todo

Hi
Tell my wife what to update on the site today ;-)
-Release latest IntToStr32 B&V
-Create page for IntToStr64 challenge
-Release latest IntToStr64 B&V
-Release latest TList.Sort B&V
-Add text about baseline compilers
-Add text to rules - "Functions must not generate compiler warnings"
-Release a new MM replay
-Add text about all B&V's using the RTL MM.
-Make a voting history page
-Add results from "Baseline Compiler" voting to it
Help me :-)
Best regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode Website Update Todo

>- How long should a poll be open for voting? (ISTM something like a
>week
>should be good)

IMHO 3-4 days
That's fine with me, as long as the duration is fixed in advance.
>- Perhaps a standardized way of marking poll threads would be nice,
>something like prepending [POLL] for poll subjects.

[Fastcode - Poll] ?
That's also fine with me.

Re:Fastcode Website Update Todo

Hi
-Release latest IntToStr32 B&V
Done dennishomepage.gugs-cats.dk/IntToStrChallenge.htm
-Create page for IntToStr64 challenge
Done dennishomepage.gugs-cats.dk/IntToStr64Challenge.htm
-Release latest IntToStr64 B&V
Done dennishomepage.gugs-cats.dk/IntToStr64Challenge.htm
-Release latest TList.Sort B&V
Done dennishomepage.gugs-cats.dk/TListSortChallenge.htm
-Add text about baseline compilers
-Add text to rules - "Functions must not generate compiler warnings"
Done dennishomepage.gugs-cats.dk/Rules.htm
-Release a new MM replay
Done dennishomepage.gugs-cats.dk/memoryManagerChallenge.htm
-Add text about all B&V's using the RTL MM.
-Make a voting history page
Done dennishomepage.gugs-cats.dk/VotingHistory.htm
-Add results from "Baseline Compiler" voting to it
Best regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode Website Update Todo

Hi Dennis,
The uppercase and lowercase challenges have not been updated in a long time.
My challenge entries still need to be included.
Regards,
Pierre

Re:Fastcode Website Update Todo

Hi Pierre
The uppercase and lowercase challenges have not been updated in a long
time.
My challenge entries still need to be included.
I am working on it.
Have a look in the UpperCase thread and answer the questions. I am waiting
for you ;-)
Regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode Website Update Todo

Hi Dennis,
>-Make a voting history page

Done dennishomepage.gugs-cats.dk/VotingHistory.htm
There is error on this page. I have voted FOR this global rule:
"A function must allocate exactly enough space for a result string,
but it is allowed to allocate extra bytes as long as the total length
doesn't exceed the next multiple of four."

Re:Fastcode Website Update Todo

Hi Aleksandr
Will be fixed soon.
Best regards