Accessing Access database using TRDSCOnnection.

2006-09-20 03:55:38 AM
delphi264
Hi,
I have sourced some freeware components which provide me with a TRDSConnection
and TADOConnection - can I connect to and view an MS Access database. The
database in question is 82.219.38.137/httpdocs/Images2/Events.mdb
Username: ajsoftwareserv Password: andrew
Can I use a connection string that allows me to connect to the remote database?
Also what Dataaware controls would I need to use to display this data.
Thanks in advance.
Andrew Tucker.

Re:Accessing Access database using TRDSCOnnection.

Thanks, I get an Object/Module not found error message. Is this likely to be
because RDS is not set up on the remote machine? Also, I am looking into
EasySoft.com which provide an ODBC-ODBC bridge, but that means the server needs
to install software on it, something that I think I am not able to do as it is a
shared server.
Thanks for your help.
Andy Tucker.