string of spaces after retriving rows

2007-01-28 02:20:30 AM
delphi154
 Hi,
I solve this problem.
I am using IBX under D6. I have table "CUSTOMER", field "NAME" - char
(20). I stored "George" into field ('Insert into .....'). But after
retrieving field by "select name from ....." I have
got "George "
Some ideas ?
Excuse my bad english. Thank all
Jura

Re:string of spaces after retriving rows

If you do not want the trailing spaces change the data type of the
field to VARCHAR(20). CHAR fields must be padded with spaces to their
full length according to the SQL standard.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:string of spaces after retriving rows

If you do not want the trailing spaces change the data type of the
field to VARCHAR(20). CHAR fields must be padded with spaces to their
full length according to the SQL standard.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Thank you. It seems to works :)
J.