Re: How to execute program from Stream?

Answered elsewhere.
Please don't multipost.
--
Finn Tolderlund
"Tito Serenti" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i en meddelelse
Is there any possibility to run a program from stream (or resource)?

Re: How to execute program from Stream?

Is there any possibility to run a program from stream (or resource)? What
I'd like to do is have another exe included with my program (either as a
resource, or simply appended at the end), then read it to stream and execute
it without having to save it to disk. Any ideas?
If you use NTFS you can store the exe in a NTFS stream. Programs in an
secondary NTFS stream can be accesses by the OS like a stand alone
file.
Regards from Germany
Franz-Leo

Re: How to execute program from Stream?

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:50:43 +0100, "Tito Serenti"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Any ideas?
The official answer is no, you can't. Officially, Windows can only
execute code that is on a disk.
There is, I believe, a hack to do what you want, but I don't know what
it is, and can not vouch for it is effectiveness or safety.
Nick Hodges - TeamB
Lemanix Corporation
Please always follow the newsgroup guidelines --
www.borland.com/newsgroups

Re: How to execute program from Stream?

Please can you be explicit on this, I will like to know more on this, I was
even looking further to executing a program remotely.
Owei
"Franz-Leo Chomse" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes