Re: 7.1 update include previous updates?

2004-05-09 01:46:17 AM
delphi205
Show me where he indicated that he was asking specifically about the PRO
release of Delphi.
Perhaps you are a PRO user only, and therefore there have been no updates
for you.
But for the rest, there have been updates to parts of Delphi 7.
I thought that his question was a reasonable one to ask.
Mike B
"Thomas Miller" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
No, you are wrong. There have been no CORE updates
for Delphi 7. Something that would effect the Pro
SKU.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

www.bss-software.com
sourceforge.net/projects/dbexpressplus

David Smith writes:
So this is joke, right? You should use smileys then.

THERE ARE NO PREVIOUS CORE UPDATES FOR D7!
He did not mention "core" updates. You did. There have been patch
updates for VCL Help files, corba, Bold, and Rave since Delphi 7 was
originally released. So Yes this the first point update but not the
first patch update.
--
David Farrell-Garcia
Whidbey Island Software LLC

Re: 7.1 update include previous updates?

Dennis writes:
Can somebody give me an example of anything else buggy we buy where
we do not go to the store and get our money back?
Yes, virtually ALL sofware that has been opened or has not been
returned within the advertised return period (usually 30 days if there
is one at all). Next question?
--
David Farrell-Garcia
Whidbey Island Software LLC

Re: 7.1 update include previous updates?

PhilO writes:
What about a company that makes a product so bugy that it requires the
company to release weekly fixes to ensure that it cannot be
hacked/destroyed?
As a loyal user of that "product" I resent your implication. As a
matter of fact sometimes the fixes are daily not just weekly as you
claim.... and many newly introduced bugs have been backward compatible
with old bugs.
: - )
--

At 21:57:21, 08.05.2004, David Farrell-Garcia writes:
PhilO writes:

>What about a company that makes a product so bugy that it requires the
>company to release weekly fixes to ensure that it cannot be
>hacked/destroyed?

As a loyal user of that "product" I resent your implication. As a
matter of fact sometimes the fixes are daily not just weekly as you
claim.... and many newly introduced bugs have been backward compatible
with old bugs.
: - )
LOL!
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them

Re: 7.1 update include previous updates?

Jim Albertson writes:
Does this update include the previous updates
released for D7?
AFAICT it does include the MS SQL update. can not comment on any of the
others...
Cheers,
Oliver

Re: 7.1 update include previous updates?

Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) writes:

Yes, and other problems might stop others from working the way they want.
Bugs are always a problem for someone, and of course as many as possible
should be fixed.

But comparing any of them to failing breaks is hyperbole, which serves no
purpose.
Ok, I know that software has bugs. I write software every day and my own
software has bugs too. The problem is that Borland is too slow to
correct them. I sounds to us like if they dont care to the problems
caused to us by their bugs.
Im using borland products for many years and always loved Delphi
because it has a language much more clear than C or C++, but as
powerfull as them. Now I sad with Borland because they are not showing a
big commitment with us. Two years to issue an update to a base tool that
have bugs is unacceptable.
They always say that they must test the corrections before send it to
public. This is right in my opinion, but it cant delay the process in
that order.
If you is a software developer you will agree that in tools with the
size of Delphi even with many tests a bug could scape then you will
agree that tests are valid, but agility is much more desirable than
correctness. After two years, Ive just installed the update and
discovered a new bug introduced by a correction of another error. I know
that is could happen. And now? It will leave two years again to be
corrected? (I will post it on QC, Im just checking if no one posted
something similar yet).

Am 10.05.2004 15:23:10 schrieb Carlos Alberto Costa Beppler:
that is could happen. And now? It will leave two years again to be
corrected? (I will post it on QC, Im just checking if no one posted
something similar yet).
Oh I a new idea comes into my mind: Each of us should add a feature request
to QC indicating that we would like to get bug correction much more faster
;-)
Perhaps if about a hundred or more are posting a new entry Borland would
react on it?
--
cu,
Michael

Re: 7.1 update include previous updates?

You need to go back about 8 months or so and read the multiple,
multi-thousand threads on the subject. Everyone knows that
several patches where released to addon products so they worked
better with Delphi. Basically Delphi Arch. patches, some effected
Enterprise.
None of them where CORE patches that effected the IDE or VCL bugs
that most everyone wanted fixed. In the end the final argument that
put this all to rest was a CORE patch is a patch that effects
all the SKU's. So this is the only and welcomed CORE patch.
Please don't respond, read the 5000+ messages on the subject on
google.

Thomas Miller writes:
No, you are wrong. There have been no CORE updates
for Delphi 7. Something that would effect the Pro
SKU.
Rave is in the Pro SKU, and was updated. Installing the Delphi 7.1
update will not install the updated RAVE. This must be installed separately.
Kevin

Mike B writes:

>>So this is joke, right? You should use smileys then.
>>
>>THERE ARE NO PREVIOUS CORE UPDATES FOR D7!
>>
>>There.
>>

>Actually, you are wrong.
>
>A few standalone update patches were released to address issues with SQL
>drivers, Corba problems and Rave reports.
>
>Mike

Re: 7.1 update include previous updates?

Thomas
You need to clear your mind a bit and learn to think a bit better!

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

www.bss-software.com
sourceforge.net/projects/dbexpressplus

Re: 7.1 update include previous updates?

Hi
"David Farrell-Garcia" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Dennis writes:
>Can somebody give me an example of anything else buggy we buy where
>we do not go to the store and get our money back?

Yes, virtually ALL sofware
Is SW something else than SW? :-)

David Farrell-Garcia
Whidbey Island Software LLC
Regards
Dennis

Re: 7.1 update include previous updates?

Dennis writes:
Hi
Well... hello to you too.
Is SW something else than SW? :-)
Huh? I fired up most of my brain cells but don't quite follow what you
are asking.
--
David Farrell-Garcia
Whidbey Island Software LLC
Posted with XanaNews 1.16.3.1

Dennis writes:
Can somebody give me an example of anything else buggy we buy where
we do not go to the store and get our money back?
Newspapers, magazines, books etc. Read any non-trivial article in a
general newspaper discussing a subject of which you have intimate
knowledge, and I'd be surprised if you didn't find factual errors
nor misguiding info.
I assume you have a working computer. Why don't you return the processor
and the graphics card and get your money back?
Cheers,
Jarle