Binary file difference component?

2005-06-12 03:14:51 PM
delphi15
Any suggestion(possibly free)?
Ideal wishlist:
- Gather differences
- Apply patch difference
- Easy to use
- Free
- With sources
TIA,
Andrew

Re:Binary file difference component?

Hi Andrew!
Andrea Raimondi writes:
Any suggestion(possibly free)?
Take a look at MakeUpdate, by Greg L. Bullock at:
www.tsppd.com/MakeUpdate/
Free with source, created with Delphi
-Kurt

Re:Binary file difference component?

Kurt Bilde writes:
Hi Andrew!
Hey Kurt!
Take a look at MakeUpdate, by Greg L. Bullock at:
www.tsppd.com/MakeUpdate/
Free with source, created with Delphi
Er... forgot to add that it should be a component or class...
anyway, I can always refactor the applications in case I have to.
-Kurt
Andrew

Re:Binary file difference component?

Hi Andrea !
Andrea Raimondi writes:
Er... forgot to add that it should be a component or class...
anyway, I can always refactor the applications in case I have to.
Some have asked for a component instead of the MakeUpdate client. I'm
sure Greg would be pleased if you did a transition from app to component
as long as you share ;-)
-Kurt

Andrea Raimondi writes:
Any suggestion(possibly free)?
Also have a look at Patcher and Patchmaker. Also free with source.
bonanzas.rinet.ru/e_tools.htm
Cheers
Dean

Kurt Bilde writes:
Some have asked for a component instead of the MakeUpdate client. I'm
sure Greg would be pleased if you did a transition from app to component
as long as you share ;-)
Kurt, I share in 99% of occasions, you can see my CodeCentral uploads,
almost all of them come with full source.
Anyway, I am a bit too "involved" right now, but I will be using the diff
facility relatively soon, so if I don't find anything "suitable" I will
definitely refactor it and share.

Andrea Raimondi writes:
Anyway, I am a bit too "involved" right now, but I will be using the diff
facility relatively soon, so if I don't find anything "suitable" I will
definitely refactor it and share.
Please also share your findings ;-)
-Kurt