Re: ShowMessage/MessageBox/MessageDlg?

On 24 Dec 2003, "zvia" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I need to add to my application a message that will notify the user
that the application is on Process but i also want that my application
will continue running and will not wait to the user response .
You might want to create your own form and display it non-modally using
show (instead of showmodal). This will allow processing to continue. You
can later close the form when the main processing is done.
--
-Mike (TeamB)

Re: ShowMessage/MessageBox/MessageDlg?

Hello all,
I need to add to my application a message that will notify the user
that the application is on Process but i also want that my application
will continue running and will not wait to the user response .
The message is use for a notification to the user in a part of the code if
it's get there cause it is take too much time.
How can i do it?
I did succeed to do it wiith thread? somehow it didn't work.
Any Ideas?
Code example will be helpfull.
Thanks

Re: ShowMessage/MessageBox/MessageDlg?

"zvia" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello all,

I need to add to my application a message that will notify the user
that the application is on Process but i also want that my application
will continue running and will not wait to the user response .

The message is use for a notification to the user in a part of the code if
it's get there cause it is take too much time.

How can i do it?
I did succeed to do it wiith thread? somehow it didn't work.
Any Ideas?

Code example will be helpfull.
The easiest way is to go to my web site and download my free component
called Message Display. It includes a built in progress bar if you want to
display the progress or you could simply display a Please Wait message. It
let's you control the colors, fonts, size, scrolling, etc. (Makes a
wonderful Christmas present :)
HTH
--
Woody (TMW)
Freeware Page: users.eonet.net/woodytmw

Re: ShowMessage/MessageBox/MessageDlg?

Hi,
I have done it by another form and show method but
my program stuck when it continue running and the form of
show message doesn't show properly so the user cannot presss on the
close button that exist in the message form
The screen stuck until the Process is End.
any other advice???
Thanks
Zvia
"Mike Williams (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
On 24 Dec 2003, "zvia" writes:

>I need to add to my application a message that will notify the user
>that the application is on Process but i also want that my application
>will continue running and will not wait to the user response .

You might want to create your own form and display it non-modally using
show (instead of showmodal). This will allow processing to continue. You
can later close the form when the main processing is done.

--
-Mike (TeamB)

Re: ShowMessage/MessageBox/MessageDlg?

Thanks i will check it.