Re: Hey Borland: is dbGo dbGone?

2004-01-08 05:57:58 AM
delphi141
jordan smith writes:
Which is a lot of @#$%
So you'd rather it when it isn't ready?
;-)
cheers,
JED

Re: Hey Borland: is dbGo dbGone?

When it is ready(TM)!
Which is a lot of @#$%

Re: Hey Borland: is dbGo dbGone?

The two things I took away from it are
and #3 Michael is one of those great Delphi guys still @ Borland <g>

Re: Hey Borland: is dbGo dbGone?

You might surprised, but YES <g>
Reasons:
- it will prove what there will be such event
- it will help to test a code
- it will allow to correct a concept on a early stages
Serge Dosyukov
Borland Delphi product certified
Microsoft Certified Professional
"JED" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
jordan smith writes:

>Which is a lot of @#$%

So you'd rather it when it isn't ready?

;-)

cheers,
JED

Re: Hey Borland: is dbGo dbGone?

<g>thanks!

Serge Dosyukov writes:
You might surprised, but YES <g>
Public betas are nice, if they're clearly labeled as such.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
IB 6 versions prior to 6.0.1.6 are pre-release and may corrupt
your DBs! Open Edition users, get 6.0.1.6 from mers.com

Re: Hey Borland: is dbGo dbGone?

Serge Dosyukov writes:
....... and?
And? I don't understand. I'd like to see more public betas, as
with Variants and the current dbExpress driver public betas.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
How to ask questions the smart way:

--
"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. vertexsoftware.com]>
writes news:3ffd65c9$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Serge Dosyukov writes:

>You might surprised, but YES <g>

Public betas are nice, if they're clearly labeled as such.

-Craig

Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
IB 6 versions prior to 6.0.1.6 are pre-release and may corrupt
your DBs! Open Edition users, get 6.0.1.6 from mers.com

Re: Hey Borland: is dbGo dbGone?

thank you
this opinion wasn't clear
--
writes news:3ffd94da$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Serge Dosyukov writes:

>....... and?

And? I don't understand. I'd like to see more public betas, as
with Variants and the current dbExpress driver public betas.

-Craig

Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
How to ask questions the smart way:

Re: Hey Borland: is dbGo dbGone?

A comment for Michael Swindell:
Michael, I appreciate your lengthy explanation of why ADO is not in the
first release of Delphi 8. However, I hope you understand that without the
ADO visual components, Delphi 8 is just a pretty box sitting on the desk --
but TU (totally useless). We are heavily dependent on ADO, and are just a
bit upset (what an understatement!!!!!!!!) that there is no clear statement
that ADO figures in Borlands future plans for Delphi 8, nor when we can
possibly expect to see a port of ADO for Delphi 8.
Can you give us any idea of the timeframe in which we might see something (a
commitment, some pre-release, or whatever) from Borland ??
Jim Fleming