D7 on Vista problem

2007-08-02 08:13:31 AM
delphi3
I installed Delphi 7 Enterprise on Vista Ultimate edition.
Then run Delphi 7 and tried to create new application and got the error:
"Unable to rename
c:\program files\borland\delphi 7\bin\delphi32.$$$
c:\program files\borland\delphi 7\bin\delphi32.dro"
So I cannot work on D7.
Any idea?

Re:D7 on Vista problem

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:13:31 +1000, Alan T writes:
I installed Delphi 7 Enterprise on Vista Ultimate edition.
Then run Delphi 7 and tried to create new application and got the error:
"Unable to rename
c:\program files\borland\delphi 7\bin\delphi32.$$$
c:\program files\borland\delphi 7\bin\delphi32.dro"
Try reading this:
www.drbob42.com/examines/examin84.htm
and this:
support.microsoft.com/kb/932246
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

Re:D7 on Vista problem

Thanks.
I think that is the cause.
"Marc Rohloff [TeamB]" <"on request">writes
On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:13:31 +1000, Alan T writes:

>I installed Delphi 7 Enterprise on Vista Ultimate edition.
>Then run Delphi 7 and tried to create new application and got the error:
>"Unable to rename
>c:\program files\borland\delphi 7\bin\delphi32.$$$
>c:\program files\borland\delphi 7\bin\delphi32.dro"

Try reading this:
www.drbob42.com/examines/examin84.htm
and this:
support.microsoft.com/kb/932246

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

Re:D7 on Vista problem

I was expecting such problems on Vista. So, I installed Delphi 7 to another hard
drive and set it up to run under administrator with XP SP2 compatibility.
This way, I don't expect any more problems.

Re:D7 on Vista problem

Are you saying you installed Delphi 7 on XP machine rather than Vista?
"Sanjay Kanade" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I was expecting such problems on Vista. So, I installed Delphi 7 to another hard
drive and set it up to run under administrator with XP SP2 compatibility.
This way, I don't expect any more problems.

Re:D7 on Vista problem

Are you saying you installed Delphi 7 on XP machine rather than Vista?
No. I installed on Vista but didn't choose the default program files
location. Instead, I installed in another hard drive like d:\delphi2007.

Re:D7 on Vista problem

You put the Delphi 2007 on a harddisk other than the OS one?
"Sanjay Kanade" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Are you saying you installed Delphi 7 on XP machine rather than Vista?

No. I installed on Vista but didn't choose the default program files
location. Instead, I installed in another hard drive like d:\delphi2007.

Re:D7 on Vista problem

Yes, but it was Delphi 7 I meant. BTW, I did the same with Delphi 2007 too
although it might work ok in program files as it is designed for Vista. I
usually like to keep larger programs on other non-OS hard disks.