How can I reduce the answer time of other components while capturing?

2004-02-16 03:29:41 PM
delphi172
I use VFW. I show the frames which captured from web-cam on my form.
FrameRate = 15 frame per second.
It is working very well but while it works other components on the form can not
answer to events immediately.
How can I reduce the answer time of other components?
Is it posible to use thread for videocapturing from web-cam?
Or how can we make user friendly all callback functions?
For example users must be able to play game or chat without wasting time
while capturing is showed in the same
program.

Re:How can I reduce the answer time of other components while capturing?

get rid of tight loops in the callbacks or wherever they are :)
"Mustafa Korkmaz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

I use VFW. I show the frames which captured from web-cam on my form.
FrameRate = 15 frame per second.
It is working very well but while it works other components on the form
can not
answer to events immediately.
How can I reduce the answer time of other components?
Is it posible to use thread for videocapturing from web-cam?
Or how can we make user friendly all callback functions?
For example users must be able to play game or chat without wasting time
while capturing is showed in the same
program.

Re:How can I reduce the answer time of other components while capturing?

<<It is working very well but while it works other components on the form
can not
answer to events immediately.
We have a capture component that uses WDM rather than VFW as part of our new
SkyWire VideoSDK. If you need just the WDM capture piece send me an
email....
beta evals available for download from
www.astatech.com/downloads/
The SkyWire Video SDK
allows for Delphi Developers to add Video and Synchronized Audio to
their Applications.
First pass will Support Peer to peer with tcp and udp support with server
side versions to quickly follow with http options also. MPEG4 and JPEG Video
Codec's, support for playback and recording, local and remote of course and
several audio codec options available also. All very easy to use.
Below is a link to an animiated demo that shows how easy it is to use. The
Server includes a WDM Component to capture Video from {*word*272}s/usb camera's
with a full messaging layer using the SkyWire FastTransport designed for
real time multi-media delivery.
www.astaskywire.com/products/skywirevideo/demo/SkyWireVideoSDK.htm
--
Steve Garland XXXX@XXXXX.COM