Will the REAL Berg Software Site Please Raise Your Hand!

2007-06-19 06:50:43 AM
delphi112
While doing some research on Berg Component's NextGrid, I encountered
two different Berg Websites which look very similar but have enough
subtle differences to make me wonder which one I should patronize if I
wish to use their grid.
The first site, www.bergsoft.net, is where NextGrid is found and appears
to be run/administered by someone named Bojan Nikolic (Boki).
The second site, www.bergdsoftware.net, has a grid that looks just like
NextGrid but is called GridView. Furthermore, this site has a
disclaimer at the top of the main page stating it is the official Berg
Software site and all other sites providing Berg software and components
are illegal. This disclaimer then links to a letter, written by CEO
Zeljko Nikolicic, that explains that his ex-partner (who is not named)
is trying to steal property from his website.
So if I am interested in acquiring a NextGrid (or GridView) component,
where should I go? Does anyone else have any insight into this issue?
Thanks...
Steve

Re:Will the REAL Berg Software Site Please Raise Your Hand!

Steve Argent napsal(a):
So if I am interested in acquiring a NextGrid (or GridView) component,
where should I go? Does anyone else have any insight into this issue?
Well, if you look carefully at both of them, focusing on news archive,
downloads, articles sections and support forums in particular, which
of these two web sites does seem to be actively maintained and
offering much richer and more recent content? Isn't that obvious now? ;-)
--
Ivo Bauer [OZM Research]

Steve Argent writes:
The first site, www.bergsoft.net, is where NextGrid is found and
appears to be run/administered by someone named Bojan Nikolic (Boki).
This was discussed a while back and there was a whole thread about it.
This is the actual developer and the other site is his old partner.
The versions on this site are actually being updated whereas the other
versions are not.
--
Dean

Re:Will the REAL Berg Software Site Please Raise Your Hand!

Hello Steve,
I only may suggest you that you try both components (they are free) and
decide. I have develop GridView, but when all started, I have need to rename
components and start again.
Unfortunatelly, I can not do anything to clear this situation, I only try to
not think about this situation anymore, because it have change my life a
bit.
Best regards
Bojan Nikolic
"Steve Argent" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

The forums on www.bergsoftware.net certainly are active!

Craig writes:
The forums on www.bergsoftware.net certainly are active!
Did you look at the posts?
--
Dean

Re:Will the REAL Berg Software Site Please Raise Your Hand!

"Dean Hill" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Craig writes:

>The forums on www.bergsoftware.net certainly are active!

Did you look at the posts?
I get the feeling there may not be any safeguards to prevent spamming the
forums.

Re:Will the REAL Berg Software Site Please Raise Your Hand!

>The forums on www.bergsoftware.net certainly are active!

Did you look at the posts?

Thats what I am talking about.

Craig writes:

>>The forums on www.bergsoftware.net certainly are active!
>
>Did you look at the posts?

Thats what I am talking about.
Ahhh, thought you were being serious. But yes, it looks like there is
a lot of action there, just not the type of action ones mother would
want to hear about :)
--
Dean

Re:Will the REAL Berg Software Site Please Raise Your Hand!

Meanwhile, the posts on the other website's forum (bergsoft.net) are
not spammed, they are active and are providing information to their
customers and prospects. No question in my mind who the REAL author is!
--
Regards,
Jan Ferguson
Craig writes:

>>The forums on www.bergsoftware.net certainly are active!
>
>Did you look at the posts?

Thats what I am talking about.
Craig

Re:Will the REAL Berg Software Site Please Raise Your Hand!

Thanks everyone for the feedback; I have tracked down and read the
I'll be better prepared now to choose which (if any) of the Berg grids
to look into further. Thanks...

Dean Hill writes:
Ahhh, thought you were being serious. But yes, it looks like there is
a lot of action there, just not the type of action ones mother would
want to hear about :)
My mother doesn't want to hear about Berg components either. :)
--
Brian Moelk
Brain Endeavor LLC

Re:Will the REAL Berg Software Site Please Raise Your Hand!

There is no original and fake site. There were two partners and they
splitted up.
Boki from www.bergsoft.net looks more active.
You can see his site and how he evolved the old GridView.
It is obvious, you should select NextGrid from www.Bergsoft.net