POLL: New RTC Website design ...

2006-10-06 04:25:50 AM
delphi170
Hi, fellow Developers!
As you all know, making a deciding about a new logo and a complete website
redesign isn't something one should take too lightly. Since the most
important thing about web pages is the impression visitors will get when
they see the web pages, as well as web site usability (menu positions, etc),
we are making a "public poll", with the intention to pick the design which
would best suit the RealThinClient components.
So ... here are the 4 design drafts (jpg):
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft1.jpg
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft2.jpg
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft3.jpg
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft4.jpg
I don't think that any of those 4 drafts have the final appearance our new
web pages, but I think it will be a combination of things we see there,
taking a few ideas from one or the other draft. But, we will need to decide
on unified colors and a logo which would fit the overall design.
So, here is what I'd like to know: What do you think of these 4 drafts?
Is there one you like the most? If so, what do you like in particular? Is
there something you find annoying or something you would simply expect to be
different on that draft? How would you organize the web site, what would you
display on the main page and which logo would you choose (upper-left corner
of each draft)?
Thank you in advance for all your
suggestions/comments/recommendations/critics. I will be happy about any kind
of input.
Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec, Team RTC
www.realthinclient.com

Re:POLL: New RTC Website design ...

Danijel Tkalcec writes:
So ... here are the 4 design drafts (jpg):
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft1.jpg
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft2.jpg
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft3.jpg
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft4.jpg
Thank you in advance for all your
suggestions/comments/recommendations/critics. I will be happy about
any kind of input.
I think # 1 is the most corporate/professional looking. I also find it
the easiest to read. The user map is cool too.
# 2 Isn't too bad, but more difficult to read.
# 3 Doesn't work for me at all.
# 4 is corporate looking too, but feels "colder" than # 1. Not as easy
to follow as # 1 either.
It's funny how a website really makes you feel about the company you're
dealing with. I am afraid we do judge books by their covers.
My Vote is for # 1. No changes required.
--
Kevin Powick

Danijel Tkalcec writes:
[...]

I like draft4. It is simple and looks like it will be easy to navigate.
I like the logo in draft3, it gives the product-line a distinctive
look. Finally, I prefer the color combination in draft2 and draft3.
HTH,
Femi
--

Re:POLL: New RTC Website design ...

"Kevin Powick" wrote...
I think # 1 is the most corporate/professional looking. I also find it
the easiest to read. The user map is cool too.
I agree, #1 is what I would choose. It stood out for me more. If only I could
design a website like that! I know alot about Windows programming, but
nothing about coding a webpage.
--
Thanks,
Jon E. Scott

Re:POLL: New RTC Website design ...

#4 wins for me
JoeH

Re:POLL: New RTC Website design ...

I am into #3, myself.
#1 and #4 look too much like someone that tries to sell hardware, if you ask
me...
www.bitogo.com/infopath/index.html
"Joe Hendricks" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
#4 wins for me
JoeH

Re:POLL: New RTC Website design ...

1 or 4 with 1 being favourite. The only thing to consider would be to put the
navigation to the top
--
Hannes Danzl [NexusDB Developer]
Newsgroup archive at www.tamaracka.com/search.htm

Re:POLL: New RTC Website design ...

Ron L. writes:
I am into #3, myself.
I like 3, althoguh Im not sure about green and orange..
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

At 22:25:50, 05.10.2006, Danijel Tkalcec writes:
Hi, fellow Developers!

As you all know, making a deciding about a new logo and a complete
website redesign isn't something one should take too lightly. Since the
most important thing about web pages is the impression visitors will
get when they see the web pages, as well as web site usability (menu
positions, etc), we are making a "public poll", with the intention to
pick the design which would best suit the RealThinClient components.

So ... here are the 4 design drafts (jpg):
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft1.jpg
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft2.jpg
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft3.jpg
www.realthinclient.com/design/draft4.jpg
For me, 1 comes first (nice, professional), then 4 (a little too
corporate, like one of those heartless big companies <g>), then 2 and
then 3 (which looks too much like a simple blog).
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"Devlin's First Law - Buyer beware: in the hands of a charlatan,

Re:POLL: New RTC Website design ...

4
Regards,
Juan

#1 is the ONLY one of the four I'd have stayed at for more than two
seconds. It looks professional (Except for, perhaps, having a person
in the picture. But it is a nice, smiling and friendly looking person
so it didn't bother me. [Is that you?]) and I like the location of the
"menu," etc.,.
10/05/2006 21:28:18
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re:POLL: New RTC Website design ...

Kevin,
| I think # 1 is the most corporate/professional looking. I also find it
| the easiest to read. The user map is cool too.
Yep. I agree with you.
10/05/2006 21:32:54

Danijel Tkalcec writes:
Thank you in advance for all your
suggestions/comments/recommendations/critics. I will be happy about any kind
of input.
I hate #1 - reminds me of the awful Borland Website - use it if you want
specialize in ALM ;-)
#4 is o.k., looks respectable.
Personally, I like #3, because of it is simplicity
--
Magnus

So ... here are the 4 design drafts (jpg):
I like them all especially #1 and #3. No 4 is not my favorite, though.
IMO the question will also appear: Did you hire a web designer or was it
made by yourself?
--
cu,
Michael

[...]