Help for a newbie please..

I am writing a code storage program. I'd like to synchronize it between
work and home. So i guess what guidance i need pertains to:
1) How to connect from work pc to home pc.
2) Maybe how to do a remote desktop type of application.
I am sure i will have other questions along the way, but i was hoping for a
point in the right direction.
I am using Delphi 6 Pro on Win XP / Win 2000.
Dave

Re:Help for a newbie please..

Do you writing something like this:
www.wincvs.org/
?
"dave" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I am writing a code storage program. I'd like to synchronize it
between
work and home. So i guess what guidance i need pertains to:
1) How to connect from work pc to home pc.
2) Maybe how to do a remote desktop type of application.

I am sure i will have other questions along the way, but i was hoping for
point in the right direction.

I am using Delphi 6 Pro on Win XP / Win 2000.

Dave

Re:Help for a newbie please..

No, nothing so complex. I get a lot of little snippets of code from the
newsgroups etc. I am always putting them into text files. Then I end up with
30 or 40 text files lting around on my hard drive. I am writing this as a
way to eliminate all those text files, and house them all in one easy to
use, filterable(is that a word?) database storage system. But since i do
this at work and at home, i need a way to synch the two db's.
Thanks for your reply,
Dave
"Alexander Zuev" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>I am writing a code storage program. I'd like to synchronize it
between
>work and home. So i guess what guidance i need pertains to:
>1) How to connect from work pc to home pc.
>2) Maybe how to do a remote desktop type of application.
>
>I am sure i will have other questions along the way, but i was hoping
for
>point in the right direction.
>
>I am using Delphi 6 Pro on Win XP / Win 2000.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
>Dave

Re:Help for a newbie please..

"Dave Bracken" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
No, nothing so complex. I get a lot of little snippets of code from the
newsgroups etc. I am always putting them into text files. Then I end up
with
30 or 40 text files lting around on my hard drive. I am writing this as a
way to eliminate all those text files, and house them all in one easy to
use, filterable(is that a word?) database storage system. But since i do
this at work and at home, i need a way to synch the two db's.
Hmmm. Well, at least have a look at "Code Librarian" part of "GExperts", the
excellent Delphi Add-in available here:
www.gexperts.org/
This does not take care of synchronising 2 Code Librarian databases of
course, but it should not be too big a job to write a little application
that will do that (better yet, you could consider enhancing GExperts...
) ) The Code Librarian database is stored in a Clientdataset (cds) file,
so the job of merging 2 libraries of snippets will boil down to merging 2
datasets (clientdatasets) which shouldn't be too difficult...
Regards
Walter Prins
---