Unable to install Indy 10 into Delphi 5

2005-11-08 07:08:01 AM
delphi133
I'm wrestling with getting my D5 installation rrunning with the Indy 10
snapshot.
I downloaded the snapshot ZIP, extracted it into it is own folder, and
ran tha batch file to cpmpile it - all went with no problem. When I
tryinstall the package dclIndyCore50.bpl I get the error message:
"Cannot load package 'IndySystem50'. It contains unit FileCtrl, which
is
also contained in package vclx50'
and I am dead in the water. Anyone have any ideas? It suggests that
Indy implements a unit called FileCtrl but I can not find any evidence of
this.

Re:Unable to install Indy 10 into Delphi 5

On 7 Nov 2005 15:08:01 -0800, XXXX@XXXXX.COM writes:
and I am dead in the water. Anyone have any ideas?
Hoi Ross
You need to repost your question on the Borland news server to make
everybody see it and possibly answer your question.
Take a look here:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>