Problems getting Update 3 behind firewall

I am currently running Delphi 2007 Update 2 under Windows Vista behind our
company's firewall.
Checking for Updates has never returned anything but 'No updates available'.
I downloaded CodeGearRadStudio2007setup.exe from here:
cc.codegear.com/item/25001
I ran it with the upgrade parameter and as an administrator. I very quickly
got the error:
Runtime error in setup script:
Line 1874: attempting to get value of undefined variable PROD_KEY1.
Now what?
--Bruce

Re:Problems getting Update 3 behind firewall

Bruce writes:
I am currently running Delphi 2007 Update 2 under Windows Vista behind our
company's firewall.

Checking for Updates has never returned anything but 'No updates
available'.

I downloaded CodeGearRadStudio2007setup.exe from here:

cc.codegear.com/item/25001

I ran it with the upgrade parameter and as an administrator. I very
quickly got the error:

Runtime error in setup script:
Line 1874: attempting to get value of undefined variable PROD_KEY1.

Now what?

--Bruce
Hmm, only way I can see getting this error is if the install cache was
manually modified, corrupted or partially deleted. Think this might be
the case for you?
Very soon we're going to post a downloadable zip that has all the core
binaries, minus prereqs, so that folks behind a firewall can do the
update locally. That also means you can do a full install from this ZIP
in case your previous install is somehow corrupted.
Once we post the zip (should be within 24 hours), if you still have
trouble feel free to send me an email and I will get you sorted out.
--
Chris Pattinson
CodeGear QA Manager, Delphi/C++ Developer Studio

Re:Problems getting Update 3 behind firewall

The install cache is there under C:\ProgramData. As far as I know it hasn't
been touched. When I run the installer for update 3, a second GUID-named
folder is created with a single folder inside called 'offline' before the
error message appears.
"Chris Pattinson (CodeGear)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Bruce writes:

>I am currently running Delphi 2007 Update 2 under Windows Vista behind our
>company's firewall.
>
>Checking for Updates has never returned anything but 'No updates
>available'.
>
>I downloaded CodeGearRadStudio2007setup.exe from here:
>
>cc.codegear.com/item/25001
>
>I ran it with the upgrade parameter and as an administrator. I very
>quickly got the error:
>
>Runtime error in setup script:
>Line 1874: attempting to get value of undefined variable PROD_KEY1.
>
>Now what?
>
>--Bruce

Hmm, only way I can see getting this error is if the install cache was
manually modified, corrupted or partially deleted. Think this might be
the case for you?

Very soon we're going to post a downloadable zip that has all the core
binaries, minus prereqs, so that folks behind a firewall can do the
update locally. That also means you can do a full install from this ZIP
in case your previous install is somehow corrupted.

Once we post the zip (should be within 24 hours), if you still have
trouble feel free to send me an email and I will get you sorted out.

--
Chris Pattinson
CodeGear QA Manager, Delphi/C++ Developer Studio

Re:Problems getting Update 3 behind firewall

I am frustrated beyond belief. I downloaded the full zip and ran the
installer (with and without the /upgrade parameter) and received the same
error. I then decided to uninstall the product completely. The icon
disappeared in 'Add/Remove Programs' but nothing happened. {*word*99}. I removed
all the Borland and Codegear folders I could find on my hard drive and in
the registry. Ran setup in the zip file. I now get a dialog with four
choices, but no matter what I choose, I get a similar error as below, but
the line number is 15287 and the variable is HAS_SLIP.
What do I need to do to fix this? I am now completely dead in the water.

Bruce writes:
What do I need to do to fix this? I am now completely dead in the
water.
Delete every CGLM.INI file on your machine.
Delete all directories that have GUID's for names in
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re:Problems getting Update 3 behind firewall

Nick Hodges (CodeGear) brought next idea :
Bruce writes:

>What do I need to do to fix this? I am now completely dead in the
>water.

Delete every CGLM.INI file on your machine.

Delete all directories that have GUID's for names in

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents
If that doesn't work, you may have the same situation
that I had.
Search HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products for RAD.
I assume this is MSI's record of what it has installed.
On my machine it still thought it had RAD Studio installed
and I couldn't get it to accept that it was a new install.
Deleting the RAD Studio entry made it work for me.
HTH,
Brad.

Brad White writes:
Deleting the RAD Studio entry made it work for me.
Good tip -- thanks.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear
blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges

Re:Problems getting Update 3 behind firewall

Nick,
| | Deleting the RAD Studio entry made it work for me.
|
| Good tip -- thanks.
Are you going to be able to get the un-installer fixed so it will
remove all such garbage in the future?
09/18/2007 09:34:30
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re:Problems getting Update 3 behind firewall

Yup, that is what did it for me.
Thanks!
"Brad White" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Q Correll writes:
Are you going to be able to get the un-installer fixed so it will
remove all such garbage in the future?
I hope so -- I don't understand why the uninstaller leaves it there in
the first place.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear
blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges

Re:Problems getting Update 3 behind firewall

Nick,
| I hope so -- I don't understand why the uninstaller leaves it there
| in the first place.
<chuckle>BT, DT.
On a serious note... I find that most software un-installers do a
TERRIBLE job of uninstalling. All kinds of {*word*99} left all over the
place, especially in the Registry, files and directories left, etc.,.
It boggles my mind how sloppy most of them are. <sigh>
09/19/2007 09:26:08

Q Correll writes:
It boggles my mind how sloppy most of them are. <sigh>
There are "rules" for uninstalling Windows apps, and one is, you aren't
supposed to uninstall anything added by the user or altered by the
user. that is one of the reasons that they leave so much stuff behind.
--

Nick Hodges (CodeGear) writes:
There are "rules" for uninstalling Windows apps, and one is, you
aren't supposed to uninstall anything added by the user or altered by
the user.
You're also not supposed to remove data from other profiles.
Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
server: support.borland.com/entry.jspa