Can't Drag Components to Page Contro Tab Sheetsl After Upgrade

2008-04-29 04:07:24 AM
delphi131
Upgraded to Delphi 2007 Rad Studio from D2006 Rad Studio and now when I try to
drag a component to a tabsheet on a pagecontrol it goes to the form instead
of the tabsheet. I can use the structure diagram to move it to where it
should be.
I'm working in the win32 personality with XP
Is this a bug, some setting or option I missed, or a bad installation? Any
help appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

Re:Can't Drag Components to Page Contro Tab Sheetsl After Upgrade

Jim Hadar writes:
Upgraded to Delphi 2007 Rad Studio from D2006 Rad Studio and now when I try
to drag a component to a tabsheet on a pagecontrol it goes to the
form instead of the tabsheet. I can use the structure diagram to
move it to where it should be.

I'm working in the win32 personality with XP

Is this a bug, some setting or option I missed, or a bad
installation? Any help appreciated.
It's a bug.
Report No: 49093 Status: Reported
Object dropped onto a form are always attached to the form itself
qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Report No: 58495 Status: Reported
Problem with form designer
qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
<q Peter Below from report 49093>
Workaround: instead of using drag&drop from the tool palette, select
the target control in the designer, then double-click on the tool
palette entry, or click once on the entry, then once on the target, or
hit Ctrl-Alt-P, type part of the control class name, hit enter. The
control is correctly parented this way.
</q>
--
Pieter

Re:Can't Drag Components to Page Contro Tab Sheetsl After Upgrade

Thanks Pieter
Interesting that drag and drop works for me with a panel, but not a page
control. Actually the "workaround" is just as quick in practice and may be
quicker if I can break my old habits.
Jim
"Pieter Zijlstra" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes