ftArray not supported ?

Hi,
I use Delphi 5 enterpise and I want to create a table with a field of type
ftArray (like address : array[1..3] of string)
In the fieldDefs property editor, I define a field of type ftArray and size
=  3 .
Even I define the type of the child fielddefs (or not) when I click on the
"create table" I receive the error message "capability not supported"
Why ? Is the BDE version wrong ?

thanks in advance

Re:ftArray not supported ?

The BDE does not support array fields.

--
Bill

Re:ftArray not supported ?

thanks for your instant reply.
If BDE doesn't support ftArray then for what is it needed ?

? "Bill Todd (TeamB)" <billtodd...@nospam.qwest.net> Y???? ?? T?

> The BDE does not support array fields.

> --
> Bill

Re:ftArray not supported ?

At the moment it is not needed.

--
Bill

Re:ftArray not supported ?

>thanks for your instant reply.
>If BDE doesn't support ftArray then for what is it needed ?

Delphi is a tool to work with many different database backends and database
drivers.  Since there are databases with array type fields Delphi needs to have
the capability for that field type.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com