Error with DBE (Paradox 5.0 table and D1)

I have a serius problem with a table.

After a server breakdown i'm getting this error:

Exception EDBEngineError in module Xxxx at xxxx:xxxx
Could not find language driver. Table R:\XXXXX.DB

I'm not able to open the table. Neither from my own app, D1 or DBD.
Unfortunly I don't have a backup of the table.

HOW DO I GET ACCES TO THE TABLE??? I need to get in contact with it.

Thanks for any sugestions.

+-----------------------+----------------------------------+
| Henning Petersen      | mailto:hpcons...@post1.tele.dk   |
| Skoletoften 9,Blans   | mailto:oz1...@post1.tele.dk      |
| DK - 6400 Soenderborg | http://home1.inet.tele.dk/oz1lln |
+-----------------------+----------------------------------+

Re:Error with DBE (Paradox 5.0 table and D1)

You probably have to reinstall the Borland Database Engine all over again,
make sure the path to it is your WIN.INI files. Reinstalling Paradox
should do it although Delphi has the latest version of it.

kjum...@aol.com (KJumoke) wrote:
>You probably have to reinstall the Borland Database Engine all over again,
>make sure the path to it is your WIN.INI files. Reinstalling Paradox
>should do it although Delphi has the latest version of it.

I've don that with no succes, but I still cann't read the db. Still
getting the language error.
Anyone got anothe clue?

+-----------------------+----------------------------------+

Henning Petersen wrote:

> >>I have a serius problem with a table.

> >>After a server breakdown i'm getting this error:

> >>Exception EDBEngineError in module Xxxx at xxxx:xxxx
> >>Could not find language driver. Table R:\XXXXX.DB

> >>I'm not able to open the table. Neither from my own app, D1 or DBD.
> >>Unfortunly I don't have a backup of the table.

> >>HOW DO I GET ACCES TO THE TABLE??? I need to get in contact with it.

> >>Thanks for any sugestions.

The table is damaged. Try to use TUtility. you can find it on delphi
super page.

If it does not help:
1. if you don't have a backup copy, you'll have to get info on table's
format and write a binary parser to correct it.

If you don't have a backup copy:
2. Open the DB file and a backup copy with a binary editor and copy the
header from the backup copy.
3. Open the table in DBD, create a new table with the same structure and
append records from old table.

Kh, this should help.
--
Robert Cerny - application designer & developer

Re:Error with DBE (Paradox 5.0 table and D1)

I think I have had this problem before. Reinstalling the BDE which came
with Delphi will solve your problem. Reinstalling Paradox for the BDE does
not help because the language drivers came with the Delphi BDE 2.51.

Other Threads