Ist "modeling tool included"???

J Davi Evora H?nggi wrote in message <35da00cc.1396...@news.jet.es>...

> In the 31 May update of "Delphi 4 - Client Server Features" of
>"Delphi 4 information page"
>(http://www.officeauto.com/home/bclarke/d4cs.html) I can read:
>  "Delphi 4 will include a modeling tool (possibly Rational Rose)."

> But I haven't read nothing off this in the feature matrix.

>  It's finally included any Modeling tool?

>   Thanks
>    J Davi
>    jdev...@iname.com

There is no modelling tool in C/S.  Just out of interest, though - MS Visual
C++ 6.0 Enterprise has a scaled down version of Rose.  Makes you think,
doesn't it?

Paul Mason

Re:Ist "modeling tool included"???

Paul wrote:
> J Davi Evora H?nggi wrote in message <35da00cc.1396...@news.jet.es>...
> > In the 31 May update of "Delphi 4 - Client Server Features" of
> >"Delphi 4 information page"
> >(http://www.officeauto.com/home/bclarke/d4cs.html) I can read:
> >  "Delphi 4 will include a modeling tool (possibly Rational Rose)."

> > But I haven't read nothing off this in the feature matrix.

> >  It's finally included any Modeling tool?

> There is no modelling tool in C/S.  Just out of interest, though - MS Visual
> C++ 6.0 Enterprise has a scaled down version of Rose.  Makes you think,
> doesn't it?

If you attended one of the keynote presentations during ICon '98, then
you'd understand why... If Chuck follows through and implements some of
the ideas he presented, then we'll have another Delphi revolution on our
hands... Basically what he mentioned was a tighter integration between
UML and Delphi, and I also think he pictured this as a two-way tool,
thus if you change the code you also change the UML diagram-thingie.

After all, there's no point in just slapping on another add-on tool to
C/S that IMO you can perfectly well buy separately yourself. Real
integration should factor into it.

--
Rune

Rune Moberg wrote:
>Paul wrote:
>> There is no modelling tool in C/S.  Just out of interest, though - MS
Visual
>> C++ 6.0 Enterprise has a scaled down version of Rose.  Makes you think,
>> doesn't it?

>If you attended one of the keynote presentations during ICon '98, then
>you'd understand why... If Chuck follows through and implements some of
>the ideas he presented, then we'll have another Delphi revolution on our
>hands... Basically what he mentioned was a tighter integration between
>UML and Delphi, and I also think he pictured this as a two-way tool,
>thus if you change the code you also change the UML diagram-thingie.

Sounds exiting.
Didn't they do this with Borland C++ a few years ago? (Together C++
integration?)

>After all, there's no point in just slapping on another add-on tool to
>C/S that IMO you can perfectly well buy separately yourself. Real
>integration should factor into it.

Agree. I wouldn't be happy if someone forced any version of Rose onto me
(and that I had to pay more for Delphi because of it). :-)

Cheers,
Jarle

: Rune Moberg <r...@nisjer.org> wrote:

>If Chuck follows through and implements some of
>the ideas he presented, then we'll have another Delphi revolution on our
>hands... Basically what he mentioned was a tighter integration between
>UML and Delphi, and I also think he pictured this as a two-way tool,
>thus if you change the code you also change the UML diagram-thingie.

Are there more details available anywhere?

--
Stefan.Hoffmeister (at) Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/Delphi

Private email regarding Delphi will usually be ignored
unless it has been expressedly invited.

Re:Ist "modeling tool included"???

[snip]
> Basically what he mentioned was a tighter integration between
> UML and Delphi, and I also think he pictured this as a two-way tool,
> thus if you change the code you also change the UML diagram-thingie.

[snip]

(Just a tip, not directly meant as an answer)

If you are interested in such a tool, check out BOLD for Delphi, from
Boldsoft (http://www.boldsoft.com)

/Niklas

Other Threads