Paradox Questions (Please Help)

Hello,

My first question is about indexes.  I am getting the folowing error:
EDBEngineError with message "Invalid Index/Tag name.".   What is the reason
and the solution for this error.  help is greatly appreceated.

Re:Paradox Questions (Please Help)

Tim C Harmon wrote:
> Hello,

> My first question is about indexes.  I am getting the folowing error:
> EDBEngineError with message "Invalid Index/Tag name.".   What is the
> reason
> and the solution for this error.  help is greatly appreceated.

I suspect You are using secondary indexes, and 1 or more of these
indexes have an invalid character in their name.

First try to rebuild, to check for error within the index itself (make
first a copy of all files!)

If that does not work, then check the names of the indexes for any
characters that are not
alfanumeric or a space (better yet, remove also any space character)

Check also if You might have used a field of which You changed the type,
like a originally created field type A length 1 into Logical (which may
never be used in an index)

With kind regards,

Kees Wijnings.

Other Threads