Query Progress

Can I know anyway some information of the progres of a query that takes a
lot of time, I want to show the user a progresbar or similar. The query
takes a lot of time, the result set is small (20 records).

Thanks.

Re:Query Progress

You can't. You don't know how much time will it take, nor server does.
Server can estimate it, but it highly depends on what other users do.
TQuery.OnServerYield is executed at certain intervals and with some
databases.

So, if you don't want the main thread to freeze, execute the query in
separate thread, but there's no way to show progress.

--
----------------------
Regards

Toni Martir wrote in message <3709e...@news.arrakis.es>...
>Can I know anyway some information of the progres of a query that takes a
>lot of time, I want to show the user a progresbar or similar. The query
>takes a lot of time, the result set is small (20 records).

>Thanks.

Re:Query Progress

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 12:32:12 +0200, "Toni Martir" <techni-...@pala.com>
wrote:

>Can I know anyway some information of the progres of a query that takes a
>lot of time, I want to show the user a progresbar or similar. The query
>takes a lot of time, the result set is small (20 records).

It depends on the back-end you are using.

Regards,

--
Marco Rocci
MicroEra srl