D5: Help networked databse app keeps crashing.

Hi,

I have written an application which uses the BDE to access Database 4
tables held on our netware 5.1 server. I have a form that is used to
create/edit records on the server, when creating I follow do the
following :-

1) Create a blank record.
2) Display, allow edit, then validate.
3) Update from valid data.(Post or cancel).

This works fine, when editing I use :-

1) Locate requirquired record with a TDBGrid.
2) Display, allow edit, then validate.
3) Update from valid data.(Post or cancel).

The problem is that when editing an exiting record the application will
now and then freeze and stop responding, you have to kill it from windows.
The form in question has data aware components linked to the table.

Can anyone shead any light on this ?

Thanks.

Phill.

Re:D5: Help networked databse app keeps crashing.

Hello,

Do you use paradox as your database ?

if so search google groups for index - crash on network
there is an article that tells what to do to solve this problem.

HTH
Yaron.

Other Threads