Word 97 doc storage and retrieval from Informix BLOB

If someone has a simple source code example of how to store and subsequently
retrieve a Word 97 document to/from an Informix BLOB field through Delphi
control, please post a reply.

I have thus far achieved controlling the document through the use of OLE
Automation object and storing the OLE Stream into a BLOB field in the
database. However, when I get the document back out of the database into
Delphi, the datatypes do not match! I need to get the document into an OLE
Stream for me to be able to manipulate the document easily with OLE
Automation.