Delphi 3.0/BDE - Oracle 8 keeps on showing an error 'ORA-14110 Invalid ROWID

I called oracle support people and they said that the error might be from
Oracle SQL Links which Borland provided for the BDE or the BDE itself. I
always get the error whenever I save a record from insert/edit/delete
operation. Using Oracle 7.3 with the existing SQL Link Driver, we haven't
had problems.

Help!!!, we're just running out of time  with our projects.

Thanks.

Re:Delphi 3.0/BDE - Oracle 8 keeps on showing an error 'ORA-14110 Invalid ROWID

Joie Tagum wrote:

> I called oracle support people and they said that the error might be from
> Oracle SQL Links which Borland provided for the BDE or the BDE itself. I
> always get the error whenever I save a record from insert/edit/delete
> operation. Using Oracle 7.3 with the existing SQL Link Driver, we haven't
> had problems.

> Help!!!, we're just running out of time  with our projects.

> Thanks.

We are doing all of the above with no problems. Can you tell us a little
more about your environment and what you are trying to do?

Re:Delphi 3.0/BDE - Oracle 8 keeps on showing an error 'ORA-14110 Invalid ROWID

Is it that I keep on closing and opening tables? or is it just because Iam
using a parametarized queries for searching a specific record on Oracle 8
Database?. Last night, I was debugging the error and I found out that, after
I got that error ORA-1410, I closed the form and opened it back. Before it
opened the form, it  gave me the error again. I don't have any code
associated on the formcreate and formshow event of  the form.

Is my code the problem?... HELP!!!!!!

tomscott wrote in message <353EB416.5...@slctnet.com>...
>Joie Tagum wrote:

>> I called oracle support people and they said that the error might be from
>> Oracle SQL Links which Borland provided for the BDE or the BDE itself. I
>> always get the error whenever I save a record from insert/edit/delete
>> operation. Using Oracle 7.3 with the existing SQL Link Driver, we haven't
>> had problems.

>> Help!!!, we're just running out of time  with our projects.

>> Thanks.

>We are doing all of the above with no problems. Can you tell us a little
>more about your environment and what you are trying to do?

Re:Delphi 3.0/BDE - Oracle 8 keeps on showing an error 'ORA-14110 Invalid ROWID

I don't hink is your, I am also havin some weird prblems with Oracle 8.  The
answer that I got from Borland is that the current BDE is not currently
Oracle 8 compatible.  Borland is working on this but probably it will be
released with Delphi 4

Gonzalo Hidalgo
ghida...@ceresios.com
www.ceresios.com

>Joie Tagum wrote in message <6hnu4i$r0...@forums.borland.com>...
>Is it that I keep on closing and opening tables? or is it just because Iam
>using a parametarized queries for searching a specific record on Oracle 8
>Database?. Last night, I was debugging the error and I found out that,
after
>I got that error ORA-1410, I closed the form and opened it back. Before it
>opened the form, it  gave me the error again. I don't have any code
>associated on the formcreate and formshow event of  the form.

>Is my code the problem?... HELP!!!!!!

>tomscott wrote in message <353EB416.5...@slctnet.com>...
>>Joie Tagum wrote:

>>> I called oracle support people and they said that the error might be
from
>>> Oracle SQL Links which Borland provided for the BDE or the BDE itself. I
>>> always get the error whenever I save a record from insert/edit/delete
>>> operation. Using Oracle 7.3 with the existing SQL Link Driver, we
haven't
>>> had problems.

>>> Help!!!, we're just running out of time  with our projects.

>>> Thanks.

>>We are doing all of the above with no problems. Can you tell us a little
>>more about your environment and what you are trying to do?

Other Threads