OpenGL, Delphi2, Win95, and GLFeedBackBuffer

Hello,
Has anyone using OpenGL 1.1 with Delphi2 been able to use the
GLFeedbackBuffer(buffersize, GL_3D_COLOR, @feedbackBuffer) procedure by
DYNAMICALLY allocating the memory block?

I know it works with a simple fixed array but I would like to have a
dynamic allocation of the memory block.

Thanks for any info
Sam Galls

Re:OpenGL, Delphi2, Win95, and GLFeedBackBuffer

>Has anyone using OpenGL 1.1 with Delphi2 been able to use the
>GLFeedbackBuffer(buffersize, GL_3D_COLOR, @feedbackBuffer) procedure by
>DYNAMICALLY allocating the memory block?

>I know it works with a simple fixed array but I would like to have a
>dynamic allocation of the memory block.

No, I've managed to create a renderer that can take an arbitrary list
of vertices stored in a TList, but I have not messed with feedback
buffers. I would guess that TList is unsuitable for *any* kind of GL
buffer or array, since (to my unscientific testing) there's no way to
guarantee that the addresses in the Items fake array are going to be
sequential.

My mission from God right now is to extract the compiled vertices
functions from Cosmo (which I anticipate giving me a huge speedup). If
I can make this work then I will *have* to use an array for vertices
instead of a TList, and so I will probably create a dynamic array
class that may be suitable for what you are trying to do. Keep an eye
on this newsgroup; if I do it, I'll post info about it here.

TK

Other Threads