reduce paradox database files in quantity (indexfiles,val,fam....), prefer only db file

Subject : reduce paradox database files in quantity
(indexfiles,val,fam....), prefer only db file
Hi,

I'd like to reduce the quantity of files/table, I see there is a 'val' file,
a 'fam' file, several indexfiles,
Can I reproduce the same by code in my delphi program, so there is only a db
file left ?
It looks a bit "messy" with al those files !

Phil

filip.will...@sidmar.be

Re:reduce paradox database files in quantity (indexfiles,val,fam....), prefer only db file

" Phil" <remove_this_filip.will...@sidmar.be> skrev i en meddelelse

> Subject : reduce paradox database files in quantity
> (indexfiles,val,fam....), prefer only db file
> I'd like to reduce the quantity of files/table, I see there is a 'val'
file,
> a 'fam' file, several indexfiles,
> Can I reproduce the same by code in my delphi program, so there is only a
db
> file left ?

You can in some way.
Open the help in the Database Desktop program and look under "file names".
From the description there you can decide if you want to keep the files.
Most of the files can be deleted.
But the index files has to be there if you are using indexes.

Finn Tolderlund

Re:reduce paradox database files in quantity (indexfiles,val,fam....), prefer only db file

No. If you want a single file change to Interbase or another database that
uses that architecture.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
Please do not send questions via email.

Re:reduce paradox database files in quantity (indexfiles,val,fam....), prefer only db file

Thanxz !
Phil

" Phil" <remove_this_filip.will...@sidmar.be> wrote in message

> Subject : reduce paradox database files in quantity
> (indexfiles,val,fam....), prefer only db file
> Hi,

> I'd like to reduce the quantity of files/table, I see there is a 'val'
file,
> a 'fam' file, several indexfiles,
> Can I reproduce the same by code in my delphi program, so there is only a
db
> file left ?
> It looks a bit "messy" with al those files !

> Phil

> filip.will...@sidmar.be

Re:reduce paradox database files in quantity (indexfiles,val,fam....), prefer only db file

I'm not familiar with Interbase :
do you make your tables in Paradox too, is it something that is delivered
with Delphi ?
Is there some helpfile or manual on the net, etc...
I want to deploy the application as a single user application, just 1 pc.
This was easy with Installshield, how does Installshield work with Interbase
?
Thanks for an answer,
Phil

> No. If you want a single file change to Interbase or another database that
> uses that architecture.

> --
> Bill Todd (TeamB)
> Please do not send questions via email.