howto switch of ALT-F4 in windows ??

In article <47t171$...@news.bt.net> p...@tref.nl "Paul Rensel" writes:
> For demonstration purposes i would like to use windows 3.11 en
> Netscape 1.1

> To prevent users/guest from closing down windows, i'd like to disable
> all options in windows (ALT-TAb,ALT-F4, etc..) and keep Netscape 1.1
> running continuously

> Anybody have an idea for this ??

> Thanks..

The simplest way, but won't stop users shutting down Netscape, is to put
a [restrictions] setting in PROGMAN.INI

[restrictions]
NoClose=1                            {Prevents Alt-F4 on progman
NoFile=1    (or is it NoFileMenu?)   {Removes PM File menu}
NoRun=1                              {No File..Run option}
EditLevel=4                          {Users can't Move, Copy, Change props
                                      or delete Progman icons}

You could then have NetScape as the only icon there.

Simple, reasonably effective, and you don't have to do any programming.
You could write a small 'tsr' which checked for the existance of Netscape
(with um, FindWindow if Netscape has a nice easy ClassName, else
EnumWindows + GetWindowWord + GetModuleFilename  (I think...).
If Netscape disappears.. have the program WinExec it.  You could also make
the prog simply minimized, and double-clicking gives a password option for
a file run or Exit Windows options...

You just put this program in the load= on WIN.INI, and it should automatically
load load Netscape...

Of course, you could probably do this betyter with fancier techniques, such
as subclassing netscape...
--
Tom Wheeley, <holyhorns>
* TQ 1.0 * Stolen Sigs!

Re:howto switch of ALT-F4 in windows ??

Tom Wheeley (t...@tsys.demon.co.uk) wrote:

: You could write a small 'tsr' which checked for the existance of Netscape
: (with um, FindWindow if Netscape has a nice easy ClassName, else
: EnumWindows + GetWindowWord + GetModuleFilename  (I think...).

You can write a hook that intercepts WM_QUIT and others messages if the
Window if NetScape      (see under 'Hook functions' in BPW's help)

        dimitri.janc...@scinfo.u-nancy.fr

Other Threads