3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

I want to have an encrypted session with an HTTP server, so I assume
all I need is a server SSL certificate.  When I run the Indy HTTP demo
program and enter an https address, the first time I click the GO
button, I always get the error:

"Could not load SSL library"

If I click the GO button a second time, it works.  I tried it with my own
sample program and the same thing happens.  The error always occurs the
first time Get() is called, but not on subsequent times.  I have the
OpenSSL DLLs in my system directory.

Is this a known bug?  How do I fix it?

I've also seen messages in the Intelicom forums that say that Indy does
NOT work with server-side SSL.  Is there another Delphi HTTP component
that I can use that supports server-side SSL?

Re:3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

http://www.intelicom.si

From here download the SSL libraries. They are not distributet with Indy .

--
Doychin Bondzhev - Team Indy
doyc...@dsoft-bg.com

"Gary W" <nos...@nojunk.com> wrote in message

> I want to have an encrypted session with an HTTP server, so I assume
> all I need is a server SSL certificate.  When I run the Indy HTTP demo
> program and enter an https address, the first time I click the GO
> button, I always get the error:

> "Could not load SSL library"

> If I click the GO button a second time, it works.  I tried it with my own
> sample program and the same thing happens.  The error always occurs the
> first time Get() is called, but not on subsequent times.  I have the
> OpenSSL DLLs in my system directory.

> Is this a known bug?  How do I fix it?

> I've also seen messages in the Intelicom forums that say that Indy does
> NOT work with server-side SSL.  Is there another Delphi HTTP component
> that I can use that supports server-side SSL?

Re:3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

in article MPG.15d4bea5202d7931989...@forums.borland.com, Gary W at
nos...@nojunk.com wrote on 8/3/01 11:59 AM:

<snip>

> I've also seen messages in the Intelicom forums that say that Indy does
> NOT work with server-side SSL.  Is there another Delphi HTTP component
> that I can use that supports server-side SSL?

I don't know of any yet, but if you're not committed to Indy yet I would
definitely look into finding an alternative... or at least realize that in
it's current form Indy is NOT ready for use as an SSL web server.

Indy's web server when combined with SSL uses process-blocking reads. This
makes it highly vulnerable to denial of service attacks... all you need to
do to lock up the server hopelessly is access an Indy SSL web server using
Mac Internet Explorer and leave the Mac on the certificate confirmation
screen. No other clients will be able to access the server until the dialog
on the client is dismissed. Or if a router crashes somewhere, or a client
loses dialup connection at just the wrong moment... the possibilities are
endless and pretty frightening.

It's got us freaking out here.

Re:3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

Thanks, but I already said that I have the libraries.  I also said that
it works when I click the GO button a second time, but never the first
time.

In article <3b6af4e4_2@dnews>, doyc...@dsoft-bg.com says...

> http://www.intelicom.si

> From here download the SSL libraries. They are not distributet with Indy .

> --
> Doychin Bondzhev - Team Indy

Re:3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

Thanks, but I am not programming a web server.  I am programming a client
to communicate with a web server (most likely IIS).

IAC, I am not committed to Indy yet and am looking for suggestions.

...Gary

Re:3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

Hi, Guys!

I don't know which release do you use but last IOHandler stlye SSL support
for Indy works really great.
We tested it with client and server side, and it has support for client
authentication.
So please grap latest Indy distribution and check if aou have the latest SSL
code support.
You can grab latest ssl sources from Intelicom's web site www.intelicom.si

And sure we are commited to make the IndySSL work, just post your problems
or check
the forum at www.intelicom.si/forum

Regards,
Gregor

Re:3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

And Indy works ok on servers side, cause the connections are not blocked on
establishing the connection.
Cause of multithreading, some connection can block but the other threads
will accept connection for other clients.

This is the way the servers work.

Regards,
Gregor

Re:3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

>It's got us freaking out here.

It freaks me out to see it also :). Are you sure you have implemented the
server correctly? It just doesn't seem possible.

Re:3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

in article 3b6c3eff_1@dnews, Hadi Hariri - Team Indy at hadi...@pbe.com
wrote on 8/4/01 11:29 AM:

> It freaks me out to see it also :). Are you sure you have implemented the
> server correctly? It just doesn't seem possible.

I'd love to say "yes, I'm sure," but I'm not. :) I'll post full technical
details Tuesday on exactly where it's freezing when I get back in to work
(don't have access to the code here).

All I can really say is that the last release of our product, based on a
previous version of Indy but without SSL support, worked great.

Re:3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

Can you check with the new source that I just updated?

--
Doychin Bondzhev - Team Indy
doyc...@dsoft-bg.com

"Steven Fisher" <st...@discoverysoftware.com> wrote in message

> in article 3b6c3eff_1@dnews, Hadi Hariri - Team Indy at hadi...@pbe.com
> wrote on 8/4/01 11:29 AM:

> > It freaks me out to see it also :). Are you sure you have implemented
the
> > server correctly? It just doesn't seem possible.

> I'd love to say "yes, I'm sure," but I'm not. :) I'll post full technical
> details Tuesday on exactly where it's freezing when I get back in to work
> (don't have access to the code here).

> All I can really say is that the last release of our product, based on a
> previous version of Indy but without SSL support, worked great.

Re:3rd POST: SSL Demo doesn't work

in article 3b755e7c_2@dnews, Doychin Bondzhev at doyc...@dsoft-bg.com wrote
on 8/11/01 9:35 AM:

> Can you check with the new source that I just updated?

Replying to other thread to keep things in one place. :)

Other Threads