OLE Objects in WinWord with $

Sorry,

I'am looking for an way to resolve this special contruct to read the Title
and other Information from a Winword OLE Object.

var V:Variant;
    Peter:string;
begin
V := CreateOleObject('Word.Basic');
V.Datei?ffnen('j:\ROUTER.DOC',,1);
Peter:=V.AbrufenDokumentEigenschaft$('Titel');
V.DateiSchlie?en;

V.AbrufenDokumentEigenschaft$('Titel') means the german Form of the ??
GetDocumentAttributes$('Title');  I hope my english translation of this
Funktion are correct.

Delphi says he could not use the Character $ for OLE .

Is there any way to use this OLE Function?

Thanks and regards

Peter

Re:OLE Objects in WinWord with $

In article <01bbc5c1$94a32360$7d0101c0@pcdw25>, "Peter A. Smolik" <gl...@via.at> wrote:

>Sorry,

>I'am looking for an way to resolve this special contruct to read the Title
>and other Information from a Winword OLE Object.

>var V:Variant;
>    Peter:string;
>begin
>V := CreateOleObject('Word.Basic');
>V.Datei?ffnen('j:\ROUTER.DOC',,1);
>Peter:=V.AbrufenDokumentEigenschaft$('Titel');
>V.DateiSchlie?en;

>V.AbrufenDokumentEigenschaft$('Titel') means the german Form of the ??
>GetDocumentAttributes$('Title');  I hope my english translation of this
>Funktion are correct.

>Delphi says he could not use the Character $ for OLE .

>Is there any way to use this OLE Function?

Just don't use the $. In VB the $ is an indication of a string

R.E. den Braasem (aka The Graphical Gnome)
(r...@ktibv.nl)

Senior Software Engineer

On 29 Oct 1996 17:49:37 GMT, "Peter A. Smolik" <gl...@via.at> wrote:

>Sorry,

>I'am looking for an way to resolve this special contruct to read the Title
>and other Information from a Winword OLE Object.

>var V:Variant;
>    Peter:string;
>begin
>V := CreateOleObject('Word.Basic');
>V.Datei?ffnen('j:\ROUTER.DOC',,1);
>Peter:=V.AbrufenDokumentEigenschaft$('Titel');
>V.DateiSchlie?en;

>V.AbrufenDokumentEigenschaft$('Titel') means the german Form of the ??
>GetDocumentAttributes$('Title');  I hope my english translation of this
>Funktion are correct.

>Delphi says he could not use the Character $ for OLE .

>Is there any way to use this OLE Function?

>Thanks and regards

>Peter

search wordapi.zip in Delphi Super Page.

Bye |\ino   --/  |  |auro |  |ariuzzo (ITALY)

Other Threads