Writing to the extreme SE corner

How do you write a character to the extreme south east corner of any
sized window without scrolling the rest of the screen up one line?

I tried writing to the line above it and scrolling it down with some
assembly from SWAG and that works fine but will not work in any window
other than 1,1,80,25

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Re:Writing to the extreme SE corner

Well never mind now....

I figured the rather obvious answer out only a few minutes after
posting the message!! :)

Re:Writing to the extreme SE corner

On Sun, 15 Dec 1996 19:45:13 GMT,  chris...@ihug.co.nz (Chris

Hope) wrote:
>How do you write a character to the extreme south east corner of any
>sized window without scrolling the rest of the screen up one line?

Check Timo's FAQ at ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip

Until I added a ScrollLock flag to the crt unit, my favorite was
to increment WindMax, write the last line/character, then dec
Windmax.

    ...red

--
I have moved:
email: rdon...@southeast.net

Re:Writing to the extreme SE corner

chris...@ihug.co.nz (Chris Hope) wrote:
>How do you write a character to the extreme south east corner of any
>sized window without scrolling the rest of the screen up one line?
>I tried writing to the line above it and scrolling it down with some
>assembly from SWAG and that works fine but will not work in any window
>other than 1,1,80,25
>Any help will be appreciated.
>Cheers,
>Chris

Here is one way to push down the line as you suggest. This is written
in Turbo v.6.0. Although poorly documented in the help files, The
upper left hand location is always x = 1, y = 1 regardless of the
Window spec. You have to compute the offset to get where you want toa
be.

Regards,
Clif    <clifp...@airmail.net>

Program SECorner;
USES CRT;

VAR
Ch:Char;
row, col:Byte;

Begin
     ClrScr;
     Window(20, 8, 65, 17);
     ClrScr;  (* places cursor in upper-left, i.e. NEW x=1, y=1 *)
     For col := 1 to 46 Do Write('x');
     GotoXY(1, 9);
     For col := 1 to 46 Do Write('x');
     GotoXY(1, 9);
     InsLine;
     For row := 2 to 9 Do
     Begin
          GotoXY(46, row);
          Write(row);
          GotoXY(1, row);
          Write(row);
     End;
     GotoXY(15, 5);
     Write( '<<< Press Enter >>>');
     Readln;
End.

Re:Writing to the extreme SE corner

Try direct-video.

--
Greetings,
ASS-Ware.

           ,,,
          (o o)
 -----oOO--(_)--OOo-----
|       ASS-Ware        |
|    is watching you    |
 -----------------------

Chris Hope <chris...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in article
<32b45447.189...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>...

> How do you write a character to the extreme south east corner of any
> sized window without scrolling the rest of the screen up one line?

> I tried writing to the line above it and scrolling it down with some
> assembly from SWAG and that works fine but will not work in any window
> other than 1,1,80,25

> Any help will be appreciated.

> Cheers,

> Chris

Re:Writing to the extreme SE corner

Try direct-video.

--
Greetings,
ASS-Ware.

           ,,,
          (o o)
 -----oOO--(_)--OOo-----
|       ASS-Ware        |
|    is watching you    |
 -----------------------

Chris Hope <chris...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in article
<32b45447.189...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>...

> How do you write a character to the extreme south east corner of any
> sized window without scrolling the rest of the screen up one line?

> I tried writing to the line above it and scrolling it down with some
> assembly from SWAG and that works fine but will not work in any window
> other than 1,1,80,25

> Any help will be appreciated.

> Cheers,

> Chris