Writing printerdriver in Delphi?

I can't see a solution on this - please help me!

I would like to write a pseudo-printer driver, so all standard windows
programs would have access to transfer text to my application server.

This would be simply great to write in Delphi, but I have not been
able to locate how this should be done.  As I see it, a standard
Windows printer driver is a .DLL (.EXE?) that are renamed to .DRV with
some interfaces.

I am an quite experinced pascal/Windows/Delphi programmer, but this
issue is completely new to me, so could anyone please guide me in the
right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Rene Hjorth
hjo...@internet.dk

Re:Writing printerdriver in Delphi?

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996 21:05:06 GMT, hjo...@internet.dk (Ren Hjorth)
wrote:

>I would like to write a pseudo-printer driver, so all standard windows
>programs would have access to transfer text to my application server.

>This would be simply great to write in Delphi, but I have not been
>able to locate how this should be done.  As I see it, a standard
>Windows printer driver is a .DLL (.EXE?) that are renamed to .DRV with
>some interfaces.

The Microsoft Developers Network has lots of information about
creating printer drivers.
--
Ray Lischner, Tempest Software, Inc., Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Author of Secrets of Delphi 2 (http://www.tempest-sw.com/secrets/)

Re:Writing printerdriver in Delphi?

 >The Microsoft Developers Network has lots of information about
 >creating printer drivers.

Thanks, but I allready have MSDN.  However, the simples example of how
to write a TTY printerdriver cointains almost 100 small source files i
C  :-(

Brgds,
Ren

Other Threads