Painting a specific form area w/ OnPaint.

Hello all,

Just a quick question, if anyone knows this.  How do I go about
getting the rectangle to repaint in the OnPaint event handler for a
TForm.  I realize that I could use a WMPaint override, but I would
prefer not to take this approach.  I currently use the Canvas.
functions to paint to the screen, and when I do a BeginPaint(handle,
ps) in the onpaint event handler, all hell seems to break lose.  Any
easier ways to get the correct invalidated rectangle?

TIA,

Jay Cole

Re:Painting a specific form area w/ OnPaint.

In article <5eb4u2$...@camel1.mindspring.com>, jayc...@bgn.mindspring.com wrote:
>Hello all,

>Just a quick question, if anyone knows this.  How do I go about
>getting the rectangle to repaint in the OnPaint event handler for a
>TForm.  I realize that I could use a WMPaint override, but I would
>prefer not to take this approach.  I currently use the Canvas.
>functions to paint to the screen, and when I do a BeginPaint(handle,
>ps) in the onpaint event handler, all hell seems to break lose.  Any
>easier ways to get the correct invalidated rectangle?

>TIA,

>Jay Cole

ClipRect

Yes my child, but if the computer industry were
driven by the "best" technology Bill Gates would
be washing car windows outside the Lincoln
Tunnel.

Other Threads