TMainMenu problems

I'm having two problems with the TMainMenu component.

First one is that if the menu is selected(open) then the speed keys
ctrl+(something)does not work.

The second problem is that I'm writing a MDI program witch is supposed to be
functional without a mouse and what I want is that when I close a MDI window
then I want the menu to have the focus.
Maybe even be able to select if ,  for example,  file or edit is
highlighted(selected)
If this is possible an advice would really make my day.

Thanks

Karl G. Arason
http://www.kogun.is

Re:TMainMenu problems

Karl -

 > First one is that if the menu is selected(open) then the speed keys
 > ctrl+(something)does not work.

That's standard. For example, a typical Edit menu has a Paste item
with a [Ctrl]+V speedkey on it. When the menu is closed, the speed key
will fire, but once the menu opens, you have to use the underscored
'P' to activate the selection, or the arrow keys to select it. I know
that doesn't make any sense, but then nothing else in Windows does
either<G>.

 > The second problem is that I'm writing a MDI program witch is supposed to be
 > functional without a mouse and what I want is that when I close a MDI window
 > then I want the menu to have the focus.
 > Maybe even be able to select if ,  for example,  file or edit is
 > highlighted(selected)

It is possible to do this by posting a bunch of WM_KEYDOWN messages to
yourself. Use WinSight32 to get the details. But it's going to make
your app look really weird and rude.

Good luck.

Kurt

Other Threads