field display when editing in a dbgrid

Hi,

In a DbGrid column, I can use the OnDrawColumnCell to display something
different of the field value.

Unfortunately, when editing the column, the edit box is filled with the
actual field value.

Is it possible to change this and display something else or nothing ?

Regards.

Re:field display when editing in a dbgrid

In article <3b135a61_2@dnews>, Martin RODOT wrote:
> In a DbGrid column, I can use the OnDrawColumnCell to display something
> different of the field value.

> Unfortunately, when editing the column, the edit box is filled with the
> actual field value.

> Is it possible to change this and display something else or nothing ?

You should be able to do this with a handler for the OnGetText event of
the database field the column in question is tied to.