mssql 7.0 and idapi32 access violation

Just upgraded to MSSQL 7.0 and now my delphi app keeps coming up with and
Idapi32.dll access violation.  Connection is made using BDE to ODBC
datasource to SQL 7.0.  Problem shows up on forms using multiple tables,
single table forms seem okay?  Upgraded to latest version of Microsoft ODBC
drivers, still no work.  Upgraded to latest Delphi4 fix which has the newer
BDE drivers, still no work.  Switched back to MSSQL 6.5, app works like a
charm again.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Re:mssql 7.0 and idapi32 access violation

Many people had the same problem (As I did). Many people have found the
solution (As I did) : ODBCExpress --> just to bypass the BDE

Good luck

sam wong wrote:
> Just upgraded to MSSQL 7.0 and now my delphi app keeps coming up with and
> Idapi32.dll access violation.  Connection is made using BDE to ODBC
> datasource to SQL 7.0.  Problem shows up on forms using multiple tables,
> single table forms seem okay?  Upgraded to latest version of Microsoft ODBC
> drivers, still no work.  Upgraded to latest Delphi4 fix which has the newer
> BDE drivers, still no work.  Switched back to MSSQL 6.5, app works like a
> charm again.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

> Thanks

Re:mssql 7.0 and idapi32 access violation

Hi,

that's one solution. Try the sqlsrv32.dll from 6.5 (version < 3.7). Normaly
there's a backup in \winnt\system32

Hope that helps...

c'u

Heiko

Jean-Pierre Lamon schrieb in Nachricht <3795DAB0.1179B...@est-stf.ch>...

>Many people had the same problem (As I did). Many people have found the
>solution (As I did) : ODBCExpress --> just to bypass the BDE

>Good luck

>sam wong wrote:

>> Just upgraded to MSSQL 7.0 and now my delphi app keeps coming up with and
>> Idapi32.dll access violation.  Connection is made using BDE to ODBC
>> datasource to SQL 7.0.  Problem shows up on forms using multiple tables,
>> single table forms seem okay?  Upgraded to latest version of Microsoft
ODBC
>> drivers, still no work.  Upgraded to latest Delphi4 fix which has the
newer
>> BDE drivers, still no work.  Switched back to MSSQL 6.5, app works like a
>> charm again.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

>> Thanks

Re:mssql 7.0 and idapi32 access violation

We have exactly the same problem. The 6.5 driver solution does work but from
what I can tell, the sql server query analyzer complains about the wrong dll
(although it does run the query). We tried to see if we could just get our
app to use the 6.5 dll but no joy - we still have the access violation.

It would seem to me if there are a number of people suffering with this
problem, that Borland/Imprise must have some response to this issue - Is it
a BDE issue ? is it a Microsoft issue ? is there a solution.

BTW - we have tried up to 5.01 bde which we downloaded the upgrade for with
no joy.

John Mitchell

sam wong <skw...@slip.net> wrote in message

> Just upgraded to MSSQL 7.0 and now my delphi app keeps coming up with and
> Idapi32.dll access violation.  Connection is made using BDE to ODBC
> datasource to SQL 7.0.  Problem shows up on forms using multiple tables,
> single table forms seem okay?  Upgraded to latest version of Microsoft
ODBC
> drivers, still no work.  Upgraded to latest Delphi4 fix which has the
newer
> BDE drivers, still no work.  Switched back to MSSQL 6.5, app works like a
> charm again.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

> Thanks

Re:mssql 7.0 and idapi32 access violation

>Just upgraded to MSSQL 7.0 and now my delphi app keeps coming up with and
>Idapi32.dll access violation.  Connection is made using BDE to ODBC
>datasource to SQL 7.0.  Problem shows up on forms using multiple tables,
>single table forms seem okay?  Upgraded to latest version of Microsoft ODBC
>drivers, still no work.  Upgraded to latest Delphi4 fix which has the newer
>BDE drivers, still no work.  Switched back to MSSQL 6.5, app works like a
>charm again.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

I had the problem and reported it to Borland.  In fact I PAID to report it
to Borland in order to get a possible fix.  They acknowledged the problem
and have said it will be fixed in the next bde version.  I would suggest
contacting them voice to find out if there is anything they can do.

-Rob-

Re:mssql 7.0 and idapi32 access violation

Rob

Did they give you any indication of how long etc. What I do not understand
is that from the look of other postings, It looks like there are people with
good installations of bde/sql server 7.

Jem

Rob Kittredge <r...@iserv.net> wrote in message

> >Just upgraded to MSSQL 7.0 and now my delphi app keeps coming up with and
> >Idapi32.dll access violation.  Connection is made using BDE to ODBC
> >datasource to SQL 7.0.  Problem shows up on forms using multiple tables,
> >single table forms seem okay?  Upgraded to latest version of Microsoft
ODBC
> >drivers, still no work.  Upgraded to latest Delphi4 fix which has the
newer
> >BDE drivers, still no work.  Switched back to MSSQL 6.5, app works like a
> >charm again.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

> I had the problem and reported it to Borland.  In fact I PAID to report it
> to Borland in order to get a possible fix.  They acknowledged the problem
> and have said it will be fixed in the next bde version.  I would suggest
> contacting them voice to find out if there is anything they can do.

> -Rob-

Re:mssql 7.0 and idapi32 access violation

Rob and JEM,

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem with Delphi 3.0, the latest BDE, and
MSSQL7.  Works like a charm with MSSQL6.5.  Does anyone have success with
BDE and MSSQL7?  Does Borland have a work-around?

- Les Bloom

JEM <jo...@nrgsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message

> Rob

> Did they give you any indication of how long etc. What I do not understand
> is that from the look of other postings, It looks like there are people
with
> good installations of bde/sql server 7.

> Jem
> Rob Kittredge <r...@iserv.net> wrote in message
> > >Just upgraded to MSSQL 7.0 and now my delphi app keeps coming up with
and
> > >Idapi32.dll access violation.  Connection is made using BDE to ODBC
> > >datasource to SQL 7.0.  Problem shows up on forms using multiple
tables,
> > >single table forms seem okay?  Upgraded to latest version of Microsoft
> ODBC
> > >drivers, still no work.  Upgraded to latest Delphi4 fix which has the
> newer
> > >BDE drivers, still no work.  Switched back to MSSQL 6.5, app works like
> > >charm again.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

> > I had the problem and reported it to Borland.  In fact I PAID to report
it
> > to Borland in order to get a possible fix.  They acknowledged the
problem
> > and have said it will be fixed in the next bde version.  I would suggest
> > contacting them voice to find out if there is anything they can do.

> > -Rob-

Re:mssql 7.0 and idapi32 access violation

The problem seems to have been going on for some time now. Threads in
this forum as well as comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases between March and
May covered it in some detail. One of the access violations in idapi32.dll,
a write of address 0000003A, manifests itself when when a table is opened.
That's what I ran into.

I'm running Delphi  4.0 Pro Update Pack #3 with BDE 5.01. Replacing the
MSSQL7 sqlsrv32.dll (version 3.70.0623) with the MSSQL6.5 sqlsrv32.dll
(version 3.60.0319) gets rid of the access violation in my case, but this is
hardly a long term solution.

I'm certainly interested in knowing when Borland expects to have a fix for
this.

Mark

Les Bloom <lbl...@ic.net> wrote in message

> Rob and JEM,

> I'm having EXACTLY the same problem with Delphi 3.0, the latest BDE, and
> MSSQL7.  Works like a charm with MSSQL6.5.  Does anyone have success with
> BDE and MSSQL7?  Does Borland have a work-around?

> - Les Bloom

> JEM <jo...@nrgsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Rob

> > Did they give you any indication of how long etc. What I do not
understand
> > is that from the look of other postings, It looks like there are people
> with
> > good installations of bde/sql server 7.

> > Jem
> > Rob Kittredge <r...@iserv.net> wrote in message
> and
> tables,
Microsoft
> > ODBC
> > newer

> > > I had the problem and reported it to Borland.  In fact I PAID to
report
> it
> > > to Borland in order to get a possible fix.  They acknowledged the
> problem
> > > and have said it will be fixed in the next bde version.  I would
suggest
> > > contacting them voice to find out if there is anything they can do.

> > > -Rob-

Re:mssql 7.0 and idapi32 access violation

I am also running into this problem. Interestingly enough the problem only
occurs on machines where the SQL sever is installed.  The programs we are
writing run just fin on other machines, but give the Access violation whne
actually run on the SQL server.

John Overath

Mark Mathieu wrote:
> The problem seems to have been going on for some time now. Threads in
> this forum as well as comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases between March and
> May covered it in some detail. One of the access violations in idapi32.dll,
> a write of address 0000003A, manifests itself when when a table is opened.
> That's what I ran into.

> I'm running Delphi  4.0 Pro Update Pack #3 with BDE 5.01. Replacing the
> MSSQL7 sqlsrv32.dll (version 3.70.0623) with the MSSQL6.5 sqlsrv32.dll
> (version 3.60.0319) gets rid of the access violation in my case, but this is
> hardly a long term solution.

> I'm certainly interested in knowing when Borland expects to have a fix for
> this.

> Mark

> Les Bloom <lbl...@ic.net> wrote in message
> > Rob and JEM,

> > I'm having EXACTLY the same problem with Delphi 3.0, the latest BDE, and
> > MSSQL7.  Works like a charm with MSSQL6.5.  Does anyone have success with
> > BDE and MSSQL7?  Does Borland have a work-around?

> > - Les Bloom

> > JEM <jo...@nrgsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Rob

> > > Did they give you any indication of how long etc. What I do not
> understand
> > > is that from the look of other postings, It looks like there are people
> > with
> > > good installations of bde/sql server 7.

> > > Jem
> > > Rob Kittredge <r...@iserv.net> wrote in message
> > and
> > tables,
> Microsoft
> > > ODBC
> > > newer
> like

> report
> > it
> > problem
> suggest

Re:mssql 7.0 and idapi32 access violation

Mark Mathieu provided the "fix" below when he said replace the SQL Server
ODBC driver file sqlsrv32.dll with an earlier version.  Unfortunately,
earlier versions don't work properly with the SQL Server 7 Enterprise
Manager on the same machine.  It's not a good long term solution.

Does anyone have any information about Borland's schedule with regard to
fixing this problem?

Les Bloom

Other Threads