BDE Problem - Help

Any solutions would be great!

Somehow my code has done something to BDE.  Each time I try
and run the Database Desktop, Database Explorer or even my
application, I get the error Failed to initialise BDE error code
$2109.

Any ideas how I can fix without re-installing the BDE??

Thanks.

Greg Wake                       |    Phone: +61 97 911 915
Systems Manager                 |
Geographe Replacement Parts     |      Fax: +61 97 911 916
P.O. Box 350                    |
BUNBURY  6231                   |   E-Mail: g...@geographe.com.au
Western Australia               |

Re:BDE Problem - Help

It's "can't load IDAPI01.DLL" error (if I'm not mistaken). Just reinstall
BDE on you PC.

>Any solutions would be great!

>Somehow my code has done something to BDE.  Each time I try
>and run the Database Desktop, Database Explorer or even my
>application, I get the error Failed to initialise BDE error code
>$2109.

>Any ideas how I can fix without re-installing the BDE??

>Thanks.

>Greg Wake |    Phone: +61 97 911 915
>Systems Manager |
>Geographe Replacement Parts |      Fax: +61 97 911 916
>P.O. Box 350 |
>BUNBURY  6231 |   E-Mail: g...@geographe.com.au
>Western Australia |

Re:BDE Problem - Help

Greg Wake a crit dans le message <34b0422a.12868...@192.168.3.61>...

>Any solutions would be great!

>Somehow my code has done something to BDE.  Each time I try
>and run the Database Desktop, Database Explorer or even my
>application, I get the error Failed to initialise BDE error code
>$2109.

>Any ideas how I can fix without re-installing the BDE??

Some ideas :
1) try to launch BDECFG32.EXE, and save current config as BDECFG.CFG
2) Launch RegEdit and see all keys with Borland : in a certain key (don't
remember) the BDE path is indicated; verify it...
Hope this help.

JP Passama
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/passama/

Re:BDE Problem - Help

Seems to me I get that error if my aliases have gone missing.
I reenter my aliases via the bdeconfig utility and I'm away again.

Need information on 16 bit BDE installs. Anyone got any source
of information.  (Have Installshiled pro no BDE installs there at all 16 or
32 bit).

Need to know how to set addalias via the DLL's at install so my
clients do not get the same error we are talking about here.

Noela Hill

Greg Wake wrote in message <34b0422a.12868...@192.168.3.61>...

>Any solutions would be great!

>Somehow my code has done something to BDE.  Each time I try
>and run the Database Desktop, Database Explorer or even my
>application, I get the error Failed to initialise BDE error code
>$2109.

>Any ideas how I can fix without re-installing the BDE??

>Thanks.

>Greg Wake |    Phone: +61 97 911 915
>Systems Manager |
>Geographe Replacement Parts |      Fax: +61 97 911 916
>P.O. Box 350 |
>BUNBURY  6231 |   E-Mail: g...@geographe.com.au
>Western Australia |

Re:BDE Problem - Help

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998 09:47:15 +1100, "Noela Hill" <knoll...@eis.net.au>
wrote:

>Greg Wake wrote in message <34b0422a.12868...@192.168.3.61>...

>>Any solutions would be great!

>>Somehow my code has done something to BDE.  Each time I try
>>and run the Database Desktop, Database Explorer or even my
>>application, I get the error Failed to initialise BDE error code
>>$2109.

I found the problem.  I am not sure why, but it would appear that
an entry in the registry got changed.  Using the registry
key:

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine

Under this key, the entry DLLPATH had been set to null ('"').
Changing the value of this entry to

c:\Program Files\Borland\Common Files\BDE

solved the problem.

Now that I think about it, it seems to happen when installing a BDE
application onto a PC that already has the BDE installed.  I am using
the InstallShield that shipped with Delphi.  Is there any way of
configuring the installation to detect whether BDE already exists and
if so, not to install BDE again??  It would seem a shame to have to
distribute to seperate installation packages for BDE applications
ie 1 for BDE does not already exist, 1 for BDE that already exists.

Greg Wake                       |    Phone: +61 97 911 915
Systems Manager                 |
Geographe Replacement Parts     |      Fax: +61 97 911 916
P.O. Box 350                    |
BUNBURY  6231                   |   E-Mail: g...@geographe.com.au
Western Australia               |

Re:BDE Problem - Help

I was just about to say Hey I remembe that problem addressed
on the Installshield newsgroups.

I've got IS5Pro - and I'm not a very happy customer.
No BDE support in the product and IS5 do not seem to be at all helpfull.
(struggling with it since Nov 97 - Not at all easy to use like Delphi).

If you have any information on calling the 16bit IDAPINST.DLL
it would be very much appreciated.