16-bits app and 32-bits IDAPI

Does anyone know a trick to have a 16-bits (Borland Pascal) application
communicating with 32-bits IDAPI?

Thanks in advance,
Jan-Willem Kanters.

Re:16-bits app and 32-bits IDAPI

Jan-Willem Kanters wrote in message

<01be0bd5$9c17d620$1705a...@Bernoulli.PLS.NL>...
>Does anyone know a trick to have a 16-bits (Borland Pascal) application
>communicating with 32-bits IDAPI?

It might work by using a 16-to-32-bit thunk, but it would be very ugly.

Brad

On 9 Nov 1998 11:35:45 GMT, Jan-Willem Kanters wrote:

>Does anyone know a trick to have a 16-bits (Borland Pascal) application
>communicating with 32-bits IDAPI?

16-bit applications can call 32-bit DLLs through a process known as
thunking. Thunking is implemented differently on Windows 95, Windows
98, and Windows NT. It isn't easy. In almost any case, it's easier to
rewrite your 16-bit code than to try thunking. In this particular
case, it would be far easier to use the existing 16-bit BDE than to
try to write a complete thunking library for 32-bit BDE.

sig://boB/TeamB

Re:16-bits app and 32-bits IDAPI

Hi,

I also thaught about doing this, but it seems to be very hard work: I
believe that all BDE calls encapsulated in the vcl-components have to be
worked on and with the help of CALL32 NT it migtht be possible to route them
to the 32 Bit versions if a 32 Bit BDE is present. This could be a good
teamwork since my resources do not allow to do that. I will have to continue
using 16 Bit Delphi for some years and would be pleased to join such a
project.

Michael Schumann (m-schum...@o-tnline.de) [No SPAM: swap t  and o after the
@]

Jan-Willem Kanters schrieb in Nachricht
<01be0bd5$9c17d620$1705a...@Bernoulli.PLS.NL>...

>Does anyone know a trick to have a 16-bits (Borland Pascal) application
>communicating with 32-bits IDAPI?

>Thanks in advance,
>Jan-Willem Kanters.

Other Threads