Installing Client / server program's delphi without interbase

Hi

I has a client program done in delphi and interbase, and i need to instal it
in a machine without interbase client installed......But when i try and run
the program i have the follow message : 'Win32 failed estability connection
'

What i have to do in this case????? Is there a any dll that i have to
install .....

Thank you very much,

Mrcio e Takemura

Re:Installing Client / server program's delphi without interbase

Maxlei wrote:
> I has a client program done in delphi and interbase, and i need to instal it
> in a machine without interbase client installed......But when i try and run
> the program i have the follow message : 'Win32 failed estability connection
> What i have to do in this case????? Is there a any dll that i have to
> install .....

Hi Maxlei,

It is quite impossible to access an IB server from a cliente without IB client
installed.
Install the IB client and everything should be fine.

<pt-br>
impossivel acessar um servidor IB a partir de um cliente sem o "cliente IB"
instalado.
Instale o cliente IB e tudo deve ficar certo.

hth,

dog

Re:Installing Client / server program's delphi without interbase

 I has a client program done in delphi and interbase, and i need to instal
it
 in a machine without interbase client installed......But when i try and run
 the program i have the follow message : 'Win32 failed estability connection
'

 What i have to do in this case????? Is there a any dll that i have to
 install .....

 Thank you very much,

 Mrcio e Takemura

Re:Installing Client / server program's delphi without interbase

Send with program (in the same folder)
-GDS32.DLL
-MSVCRT.DLL  [ only Win95 ]

Read file \windows\services and find line
gds_db 3050/tcp
if no found append it

Set servername and databasename on TIBDatabase and done.
Don't need install IBClient.

Paulo

<pt-br>
Envie junto com o programa (na mesma pasta)
-GDS32.DLL
-MSVCRT.DLL  [ apenas Win95 ]

Ler o arquivo \windows\services e procurar a linha
gds_db 3050/tcp
se n?o encontrar acrescenta.

Informe o nome do server e o nome do database no TIBDatabase e pronto.
N?o precisa instalar o IBClient nas esta??es.

"Maxlei" <maxle...@terra.com.br> escreveu na mensagem

> Hi

> I has a client program done in delphi and interbase, and i need to instal
it
> in a machine without interbase client installed......But when i try and
run
> the program i have the follow message : 'Win32 failed estability
connection
> '

> What i have to do in this case????? Is there a any dll that i have to
> install .....

> Thank you very much,

> Mrcio e Takemura

Re:Installing Client / server program's delphi without interbase

Hi Paulo,
  Reading the firebird newsgroups I've found that they are planning on
defaulting the port to 3050 if the services file does not contain the gds_db
line. This enhancement was to allow a client install on Windows NT without
administrator privaliges.

If a different port is required it can be specified in the database connection
string.

Regards,
  Ian Newby.

Re:Installing Client / server program's delphi without interbase

You might want to look at http://ibinstall.defined.net

--
David R. Robinson
InterBase Installation Info - http://ibinstall.defined.net