SQL Links 2.5 on NT4 PC

Having bought 5 copies of Delphi 3 Client Server and commited to
Interbase 4 (20 user) and Interbase 5 (60 user)  I'm disappointed that
I can't find out whether SQL Links 2.5 can work with NT4 and our 16
bit application.

There must be many people thinking of moving 16 bit Applications into
an NT server enviroment.

Surely Borland must have some guidance on what will work!

Can you suggest where this information can be found?
(I've spent many hours searching Interbase and Borland forums without
success.)

Regards

Re:SQL Links 2.5 on NT4 PC

Hello John,

SQL Links 2.5 has never been tested with NT4...
It is not certified to be used with NT4...

Thank You,
James Kim
Inprise Developer Support
www.inprise.com

John Chapman wrote:
> Having bought 5 copies of Delphi 3 Client Server and commited to
> Interbase 4 (20 user) and Interbase 5 (60 user)  I'm disappointed that
> I can't find out whether SQL Links 2.5 can work with NT4 and our 16
> bit application.

> There must be many people thinking of moving 16 bit Applications into
> an NT server enviroment.

> Surely Borland must have some guidance on what will work!

> Can you suggest where this information can be found?
> (I've spent many hours searching Interbase and Borland forums without
> success.)

> Regards

Re:SQL Links 2.5 on NT4 PC

John,

You may also want to ask around on the borland.public.delphi.database.sqlservers
newsgroup.  I'm sure there are some experts there who can give you suggestions
on migrating your database software to the 32-bit platform.

--
------------------------
Richard

Re:SQL Links 2.5 on NT4 PC

Thanks for the feedback.
I realise Inprise can't test every permutation of NT PC clients with
Novell servers etc.
It would be helpful to have some explicit warning somewhere on the BDE
site.

Getting existing 16 bit applications working on NT must be a common
task. Stocks of old PCs sometimes hold back developers.
Some guidance as to what is likely to work/not work would be valuable.

James Kim wrote in message <3623CBBC.5D660...@inprise.com>...
>Hello John,

>SQL Links 2.5 has never been tested with NT4...
>It is not certified to be used with NT4...

>Thank You,
>James Kim
>Inprise Developer Support
>www.inprise.com

Re:SQL Links 2.5 on NT4 PC

Thanks for the feedback.

I followed your suggestion after my last posting here but no feedback
yet from borland.public.delphi.database.sqlservers.

I still think Inprise should put a note somewhere on the BDE site
even it is just a disclaimer/warning over NT and 16 bit apps.
A sample PC config that worked would be really nice.

Richard [Inprise] wrote in message <3623CE54.283A9...@inprise.com>...
>John,

>You may also want to ask around on the

borland.public.delphi.database.sqlservers
>newsgroup.  I'm sure there are some experts there who can give you
suggestions
>on migrating your database software to the 32-bit platform.

>--
>Richard
>Delphi Developer Support
>www.inprise.com
>(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Other Threads